Pioneer CDJ-2000 Professional Multi Format Player
Bringing the Art of DJing to New Heights
The leader in Pro DJ products and the innovator of the CD turntable, Pioneer, has introduced the CDJ-2000. With features that put the performance back into the art of DJing and reduce the need for laptops to access music files. DJs of all experience levels can enhance their mixing and scratching capabilities using proprietary technologies such as rekordbox music management, Pro DJ Link, Needle Search and USB and SD card connectivity.
Prepared For Any Performance
Adapting to today's variety of media formats,the CDJ-2000 enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices, and from DVDs and SD cards as well on the CDJ-2000. A USB port located on top of the turntable enables DJ's to quickly connect an external storage device such as a Tonium Pacemaker or a hard drive packed with music files, minimizing the need to bring a laptop computer to performances. The CDJ-2000 turntable includes rekordbox, Pioneer's music
management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with the new CDJ turntable.
of Pioneer's rekordbox software:
- Beats Per Minute (BPM) Data - BPM / Tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox for use by the DJ in preparing and performing a set.
- Waveform Data - The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on the bottom screen for quick data visualization and for use with the needle search function on the CDJ-2000 turntable.
- Customize Tag Info and Artwork - Edit and customize the file information to performance needs.
- Hot Cues, Cue Points, and Loops - Prepare and customize cues and loops as well as create and manage hot cue banks.
- Playlists - Create, edit and manage customized playlists for various performances.
- Beatgrid - Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing, preventing off beat mistakes.
Transfer all your music files to your preferred storage media and play them from your new CDJ-2000! View your song information during preformances on the CDJ's large, slick display and search songs by genre, title, BPM, etc. Also, the CDJ-2000 automatically saves your play history as the tracks are being played. So you can go back to past performances on your computer!
Pro DJ Link
One of the coolest new turntable features is Pioneer's Pro DJ Link that enables up to four CDJ-2000/900s to be connected via the Link Port to share a single music source whether it is a hard drive, USB and/or SD memory card. Once linked, you have the ability to quickly find, display and choose the music file from a connected source through the CDJ's built-in display and control knobs. A quick turn of the knob lets users scroll through created files and folders and a push of the knob confirms the song choice.
The new turntable feature a 24-bit/48 kHz sound card and HID and MIDI
control compatibility via USB port. Up to 35 controls on the surface of the
player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software
by way of HID and/or MIDI.
The HID controls were implemented into the player for superior interfacing
with software, faster communication speed over MIDI, audio/visual streaming
and two-way information on the display. HID enables easy, precise and native
control of DVS systems such as Serato Scratch Live, Native Instruments'
Traktor series and MixVibes Cross2 without the need for time-coded discs.
- LCD panel and Graphic User Interface - The flagship CDJ-2000 features a large WQVGA 6.1-inch full-color 480 x 234 LCD panel for displaying song titles and jacket art as well as detailed track information so DJs can select songs at a glance. The wave data of each song is also illustrated on screen, showing high and low amplitude to further assist DJs.
- Needle Search - Helps DJs instantaneously get to a specific part of a song with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad. Found directly below the CDJ-2000’s high resolution LCD panel, the touchpad lets the DJ "place the needle" and jump quickly to a specific part of a music track.
- Jog Dial - Adjustments for tension were enhanced from previous models allowing the DJ to further customize the feel of the jog dial from a light to heavy sensitivity. Four illuminated areas on the sides of the Jog Dial aid the DJ in fi nding the desired spot on the plate in dim lighting environments.
For more accurate tempo control while mixing, the CDJ-2000 is enhanced
with increased frame increments of 0.5 frames that allow the DJ to set a cue
point or loop point with more precision.
To achieve the highest sound quality, the CDJ-2000 was equipped with the
audio industry’s highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very
transparent, accurate audio signal resulting in a highly improved signal-tonoise
ratio and increased headroom.