First produced in 1995, the OM5 dynamic vocal microphone has become highly regarded by artists and engineers for its ability to produce quality sound at very high sound pressure levels without distortion or feedback.The OM5 is naturally attenuated at 120 Hz to reduce boominess and handling noise. The mid-range is tailored for clarity and presence making it easier for the vocals to be heard both in the mains and monitors. By employing Audix's VLM (very low mass) capsule technology, the OM5 has exceptional transient response. An extremely tightand uniformly controlled hypercardioid pattern helps to isolate the vocals from the rest of the instruments on stage. The OM5 is comfortable to hold, durable, and manufactured with extremely tight tolerances. The result is an unparalleled consistency in sound and performance at a very competitive price.
- Clear and accurate vocal reproduction
- Handles high SPL without distortion
- Low handling noise
- Provides exceptional gain before feedback
- Provides maximum vocal isolation on stage
- Dent resistant spring steel grill
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz- 19 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 2.4 mV ref 1k @ 1 Pascal
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type C
- Off axis rejection: >30 dB
- Maximum SPL: >144 dB
- Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold plated male XLR
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Zinc alloy
- Weight: 10.8oz/307 grams
- Finish: Black E-coat
- Live Stage, Live Recording - Excellent for lead and backing vocals - all venues
- Instruments - Sax, brass, guitar, dobro, flute, percussion, drums
- Broadcasting - Announce mic, interview mic
- Home Studio -Multi-use vocal and instrument applications
5 year warranty on Dynamic Microphones (was 1 year)
3 year warranty on Condenser and Wireless Microphones (was 1 year)
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.