Akai AMX and AFX Serato DJ Controller Bundle
Expand your creative performance capability with AFX, a versatile 4-deck FX controller for advanced performance using Serato DJ, a powerful software platform for digital DJ'ing. A single USB connection adds over 70 intuitive controls to your DJ setup including intelligent touch-activated knobs, velocity-sensitive pads and backlit buttons. Trigger samples, assign loops and cue points, tweak Serato effects (known as FX), manage DVS modes, automate song edits, and so much more from ultra-responsive, trusted Akai Professional hardware found in studios and stages all over the world. Read on to see what it can bring to your next live performance using Serato DJ.
Opening New Doors: AFX gives you exhaustive control over the iZotope FX inside Serato DJ. Just plug it in to expand or add controls to any Serato setup. A total of 9 touch-activated knobs unlock all-new FX capabilities - planned or improvised. Assign FX on the fly, tweak their parameters, and layer FX types with tactile, responsive control that incorporates a dramatic "twist"- knobs that react to the human touch. In Touch mode, each knob responds to a twist, a touch, or a combination of both. A rotary-push knob and corresponding backlit LCD screen provides easy parameter adjustment and confirmation. For DJs adding FX controls to a Serato NoiseMAP? setup (timecode vinyl), AFX even provides DVS-mode switching, keeping your interaction with the computer trackpad or mouse at a minimum.
Pad Pounding: Eight velocity-sensitive trigger pads get the ideas in your head to the tips of your fingers. With 10 pad modes, AFX gives you ample freedom to trigger samples, manage loops, assign hot-cues, and slice tracks. With backlit RGB feedback, you will always know which mode you have selected in addition to real-time pad performance feedback. Akai Professional knows pads - the iconic MPC line is a staple for producing electronic music using pad-oriented sample-triggering - and responds to each press, tap, or slam as musically as possible. From the AFX, DJs can construct (or deconstruct) entire performances from the pads, taking creativity to a whole new level.
Do A Forward Flip: AFX has deep integration with Serato DJ's Flip Expansion Pack. Flip allows you to record your cue point and censor actions which can be saved and looped, ready to re-trigger and start in an instant. Use Serato Flip to create and save up to 6 Flips per track, ready for playback in the studio or the club. Flip can be used to create and play back custom song edits ranging from extended intros/outtros, breakdowns, making beats, skipping verses or choruses, and creating clean edits of songs. Even more, AFX includes Serato's Backpack FX Expansion pack to give your sets a boost using a dub collection of analog-style effects - echo's, loopers, filters, and time stretch. Put hands-on control at the center of your Serato DJ setup with AMX, a versatile 2-channel mixing surface from Akai Professional. A powerful controller for any performer, AMX controls 2 decks of Serato DJ with an intuitive array of faders, touch-activated knobs, and buttons. Featuring a curve-adjustable mini innoFader crossfader, dedicated line faders, and control signal inputs, AMX can interface Serato DJ with turntables using Serato NoiseMap (DVS) or HID players over a single USB cable. Built-in headphone and master outputs integrate into any booth or tabletop setup, bringing the trusted Akai Professional hardware experience to stages and studios all over the world. Read on to see what it can bring to your next live performance using Serato DJ.
Full-version Serato DJ Included: Serato DJ is a robust program for digital DJ'ing. AMX comes with the full-version, letting you take advantage of precise, powerful audio manipulation in real-time. Already have Serato DJ AMX unlocks it, providing both a control surface and audio interface to build around or have as an extra controller option. Utilizing Akai Pro's expertise in hardware innovation and sound manipulation mastery, the line between the physical and digital DJ world is extinct.
Ready for NoiseMap: AMX features two sets of audio inputs, selectable as Line or Phono, to accept signals from Serato timecode vinyl, also known as Serato NoiseMap. This Digital Vinyl System (DVS) lets you DJ with your digital music collection, while maintaining the feel and action of a turntable+vinyl setup. AMX accepts the Serato NoiseMap signal from your turntables and instantly sends it Serato DJ over a USB connection. Until now, similar systems were complex and cost-prohibitive. AMX is a rock-solid, affordable interface that fuses the best of analog feel with the best of digital music access. (Serato DVS Expansion Pack and timecode vinyl are sold separately)
Unleash a Monster Performance: AMX features the renowned innoFader mini crossfader at the heart of its mixing surface. Coveted for its uncanny response, smooth action, and impossibly-durable build quality, the innoFader gives DJs of all types unmatched command over transitions and cuts. With a fully-adjustable curve response, the innoFader mini can be calibrated for turntablists, electronic music DJ's, scratch/battle performers - AMX even includes a fader reverse switch - that can be worked hard, night in and night out.
Touch Down: By themselves, the EQ and Filter knobs on AMX are tactile, responsive controls for shaping tracks and carving out transitions. These knobs also incorporate a dramatic "twist"- they react to the human touch. In Touch mode, each knob responds to a twist, a touch, or a combination of both. With a simple tap, you can kill an entire frequency band (or two, or three). Remove your finger and the missing bands become audible again, instantly. With Touch mode disengaged, they function as traditional mixer-style knobs for precision control over each decks' sonic composition.
Studio-Grade Audio Interface: AMX packs professional functionality into a compact form-factor - take it everywhere. In addition to transport and mixing controls, it features a studio-grade audio interface. Get the mix from your computer to an amplification system with support for 24-bit, 96kHz audio output. As the center of your DVS setup, or as a compact travel-friendly controller, AMX brings the best of the studio to the stage in a way that only Akai Professional can.
Akai AFX Controller Features:
Akai AMX Controller Features:
- Provides extensive hands-on audio command of Serato DJ
- Tweak effects, manage loops, trigger samples, set cue points, and more
- Serato Flip-capable - create custom edits, extend your music or re-imagine it altogether in the studio or club (download included)
- Adds additional control options to any Serato DJ setup including DVS and HID players
- 4 decks of Serato DJ control over a single USB connection
- 9 touch-activated knobs for groundbreaking effects tweaking and EQ kills
- 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with backlit RGB feedback
- 10 pad modes for hot cues, loops, slicing, and sample triggering
- Instant, tactile DVS mode switching: Absolute, Relative and Internal
- Endless controller with LED timeline for instant access to any point in the track
- Endless controller doubles as pitch bend and macro effects control
- Backlit digital display provides feedback of parameter values
- Low-profile, portable design compliments any setup, anywhere
- Provides extensive hands-on mixing, transport, and Serato NoiseMap capbility for Serato DJ
- Plug and play with Serato DJ (included) - no upgrade purchase required
- Expands control options to nearly any DJ setup
- 2 line faders with gain controls and tri-color LED metering
- 2 Phono/Line Inputs for Serato DJ Control Signal
- Pro-grade, adjustable mini innoFader crossfader with reverse switch
- 2 sets of line/phono inputs for Serato DJ NoiseMap (timecode) signals
- RCA audio outputs for sending your mix to speakers or amplifier systems
- 9 touch-activated knobs for groundbreaking EQ kills and Filter sweeps
- 3-band EQ per channel with dedicated filter knob
- Dedicated cue mix and cue gain knobs for custom headphone mixes via the 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone output
- Rotary-push knob for seamless library navigation and track search
- Load, search, transport, cue and sync buttons for each deck
- USB-powered for simple setup and use
- Low-profile, portable design
- Dimensions: 10.7" x 5.3" x 1.7" / 271mm x 134mm x 42mm (L x W x H)