Akai MPD26 MIDI Pad Controller
For all you producers, programmers, musicians & DJs who want genuine MPC pads on a MIDI/USB Pad Controller to get that classic beat making feel only MPC pads can deliver, look no further than the MPC26.
At the heart of the MPD26 is its Akai Professional exclusive 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive MPC pads. and with four banks to choose from, yoou can get a total of 64 samples at your fingertips. The MPD26 also features the MPC series' assignable Q-Link controllers, letting you control nearly any parameters in your software in real time. 6 assignable Q-Link faders and 6 assignable Q-Link 360° knobs lets you focus on making music instead of fiddling with mouse sensitivity. The MPD26 also gives you a dedicated set of transport controls, for instant play, record, stop , etc. along with the most commonly used DAW or sequencing-software controls.
The MPD26 is not just a control surface; it contains some of the key MPC technologies that have made the MPC the de facto standard it is. MPC Note Repeat is a capability that enables the MPD (or MPC) to automatically play a rhythm pattern, such as 16th notes on a hi-hat, for accuracy and speed of entry. MPC Swing is sometimes referred to as "the heart and soul of hip hop" because it turns perfectly aligned sequences into human-feeling time alignments. You can specify exactly the degree and timing of swing you want to apply for the perfect feel. The MPD26 also has MPC Full Level and MPC 16-Level on its pads.
The MPD26 sends MIDI information over its plug-and-play USB interface so you can use it with your Mac or PC without installing any drivers. The USB connection even powers the MPD26 so the included USB cable is all you need. The MPD26 also has traditional DIN MIDI input and output jacks so you can use it with MIDI hardware such as synths and other sound modules. The MPD26 comes with Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software so you can start creating right out of the box.
The MPD26 is the perfect interface between your creativity and the computer-based studio. Its blend of intuitive MPC controls and technologies meshes with easy USB computer connectivity to deliver the control instrument you need.
- Access 64 samples on 16 pressure and velocity-sensitive MPC pads with four banks each
- MPC technologies include Note Repeat, Swing, 16 Level, Full Level, and Tap Tempo
- Control virtually any 12 software parameters on assignable Q-Link knobs and faders
- Dedicated transport controls transmit MMC and MIDI to DAW and sequencing applications
- MIDI output over USB and traditional DIN MIDI I/O for controlling software and hardware
- Backlit, easy-to-read screen
- USB bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite and Editor Librarian software
- MPD26 controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick start guide