Alesis Vortex USB/MIDI Keytar Controller-37 Keys
Storm the Stage
It's time to experience outrageous, unprecedented keytar performance with the Alesis Vortex (patent pending). The Vortex eliminates the barrier between you and your audience by giving you the freedom to move around the stage and take the lead. With an extensive layout of touch-sensitive keys and velocity-sensitive pads on its pearlescent white body, and radical pitch and modulation controls on its neck, the Vortex empowers you to rule the stage.
The Vortex is the first keytar to include a MIDI-assignable accelerometer. Now, you can get out from behind your keyboard stand and be just as visual as guitarists and singers with an instrument that will respond to your motion. You'll be able to create incredible volume swells, amazing pitch bends, vibratos, filter cutoffs and more by tilting the Vortex's neck in the heat of the moment during live performances.
Keys, Control and More
The Vortex includes even more features never before found on any keytar: both traditional MIDI and USB MIDI are onboard, empowering you to use the Vortex with all of your software instruments and synths on Mac, PC, and iPad. You'll have a virtually unlimited palette of sounds, ready to command with one of the most exciting keytar controllers ever.
The Vortex comes ready for instant performance, automapped for today's most popular software synths and DAWs. Plus, you can customize and create your own mappings for virtually any MIDI software.
Breathe new life into every performance with the most expressive keytar ever produced. The Vortex's neck controls are laid out ergonomically: your thumb controls a volume slider and pitch-bend wheel while your fingers command nine front-facing controls that include a MIDI-assignable touch strip, and buttons for octave selection and sustain. Large transport and patch-select controls are centrally located on the Vortex's body for instant access, and synth lovers will be happy to know that the Vortex's 37 velocity-sensitive keys feature aftertouch to enable instant creative flourishes.
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
But you can rule the stage. The Vortex is for controllerists, for those who want to perform without limitations to their movement or their sound set. The Vortex is bus powered when connected to a Mac or PC, and can also be powered by batteries when used with MIDI modules and iOS devices including the iPad. Standard strap pegs are located on the Vortex's neck and body, and an adjustable strap is included.
Outrageous keytar performance in a pristine, pearl-white body-the Vortex is the perfect storm of stunning design and incredible performance capability.
- Vortex Keytar Controller
- Adjustable Strap
- USB Cable
- Software Disc
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety and Warranty Manual
- Dynamic, shoulder-worn performance keyboard with attention-grabbing looks
- The first USB keytar controller-works with all of your software instruments & synths on Mac, PC, & iOS devices
- USB and traditional MIDI jacks for use with virtually any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Embedded, MIDI-assignable accelerometer for performance parameter control by tilting the neck
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and pitch-bend wheel on neck
- Finger-controlled MIDI-assignable touchstrip, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact, yet complete melodic range
- Eight velocity-sensitive drum pads/sample triggers enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Large transport & patch-select controls for instant access
- Includes strap; standard guitar strap pegs are compatible with virtually any strap
- Bus powered when USB-connected to Mac or PC; battery compartment for use with MIDI modules and iOS devices
- Class Compliant USB 1.1 MIDI I/O
- 5-pin DIN MIDI output
- Powered via USB, four AA Batteries, or DC power adapter
- Dimensions: 2.2"H x 35.1"L x 10.6"W
- Weight: 6.5lbs