B52 LX-18EV3 18" Passive Folded Horn Subwoofer
The LX-18AV3 (active) and LX-18V3 (passive) are the third generation of our powerful folded horn subwoofer design, hailed by music professionals for their reliability, performance and affordability. The V3 is bigger, louder and better. V3 improvements include a larger cabinet with an improved horn design and our new overbuilt class H amplifier. At the heart of these folded horn cabinets is the new 18-220X subwoofer which provides higher efficiency and an ultra-efficient heat management system which keeps the speaker cool even when driven at high SPLs.
The LX-18V3 takes the traditional folded horn design to the next level. The made in the U.S.A. cabinet is built to withstand the abuse of the road and is backed by a lifetime cabinet construction warranty. A specially-designed internal compression chamber provides intense, clean and controlled bass. At the heart of the LX-18V3 is the new B-52 18-220X with a cast-aluminum frame, massive 220 oz magnet, double spider anti-rocking surround and innovative 4” dual-layered, tempered voice coil.
At the heart of the beast
All B-52 folded-horn cabinets are loaded with the new B-52 18-220X subwoofer which provides high-power handling, great efficiency, very low distortion and accurate sound reproduction. Key features include:
Built-in compression chamber
- 4-inch “inside/outside” voice coil wound on both
- sides of the glass fiber coil former, providing more
- effective cooling through greater air contact
- The light weight and robust cast aluminum frame is
- shaped to minimize reflections on the back of the cone
- The entire loudspeaker is designed to work as a “heat
- sink” for extreme cooling efficiency
- The advanced magnet topology ensures an even
- distribution of magnetic flux throughout the whole
- magnet assembly, resulting in symmetrical motor
- movement preventing stray flux which can cause
- The glass-fiber impregnated cone incorporates a
- sealed surround and added edge-damping to greatly
- reduce the occurrence of unwanted cone resonances
- The vented magnet ensures constant air circulation to
- drive heat away from the magnet assembly
The 18” subwoofers are housed in a compression chamber that minimizes the excursion of the driver while maximizing the subwoofers’ output. The optimally-sized acoustic aperture of the compression chambers forms the throat of the horn and helps force the air at an increased velocity and pressure. The compression chamber optimizes the horn’s output, allowing for amazing output levels.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Rugged, impact-resistant black carpet finish
- Void-free, 7-layer, 3/4” plywood construction for maximum durability and minimum weight
- Input connections: (2) 1/4” metal phone
- jacks and (1) Neutrik NL 4 Speakon connector
- Reinforced internal bracings are used to fortify the cabinet
- 4” heavy-duty casters
- Pole-mounting cup
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 30-160 Hz
- Power Handling: 1000 watts
- SPL @ 1w1m: 108
- Peak SPL: 138
- Dimensions (W” x H” x D”): 24 x 39 x 36
- Weight (lbs): 165
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.