Bassboss AT312 Dual 12-Inch 3-Way Powered Speaker
The AT312 Attuned Top is a co-axial point-source cabinet for medium to short distance coverage where high output, a small footprint and very high fidelity are required. It’s compact, simple to use, easy to set up, attractive and capable of very high output with superbly uncolored sound and natural musical character.
The AT312 is an extremely high-resolution 4-way active loudspeaker. When combined with Bassboss subwoofers, the result is a system with virtually unparalleled resolution and dynamic power for its size. Its driver compliment incorporates dual 12” woofers in a vented enclosure for low frequencies and a 12” midrange driver in a sealed enclosure with a co-axially mounted 1.4” exit compression driver. Coverage is 80 degrees conical. One-man set up of a substantial system is made easy because the AT312 cabinets weigh only 89 lbs each.
A 3000W EIAJ Powersoft class D module provides amplification. An integrated DSP provides a comprehensive set of functions including a high-pass filer, crossover filters, limiting, equalization and time-alignment. Four presets allow tailoring the sound to suit the application from a near-field indoor setting through to an outdoor, long-throw setting. An input gain control allows adjustment from +12dB through -12dB and off. The amplifier features a global power supply that can operate on voltages from 90 to 264V using only 5A at 120V and 2.5A at 240V for typical music program.
Dual 12” low frequency drivers were chosen to minimize cabinet frontal area while delivering the best possible speed and impact. Using separate drivers for the low frequency section of the box allows the 12" midrange section's excursion to be limited to 3mm at maximum power, which helps to prevent the intermodulation distortion that can occur in 2-way co-axial systems. Such short excursion of the midrange driver also minimizes motor and suspension related distortion, ensuring extremely high-resolution reproduction at very high levels.
The AT312 is a co-axial point-source, which delivers more consistent off-axis performance than conventional loudspeakers with separated mid and high frequency drivers. This feature enhances resolution at all listening positions. The consistency of coverage also enhances the loudspeaker's versatility, allowing it to be mounted horizontally or vertically with no compromise in coverage or performance.
Transportation and set-up of the SSP218/AT312 combination is easy because the subwoofers serve as a rolling carrier for the tops. In most venues it’s possible for one person to roll the system into place, lock the casters, tilt up the tops, plug in the power and signal and have an extremely substantial system ready to play in a few short minutes. The 48” tall box elevates the mid and high frequency radiators to a minimum of 7’6” on center when stacked on Bassboss subwoofer systems. The cabinets also include an interlock socket to secure them in place on top of Bassboss subwoofers.
For installations the AT312 makes a very effective, practical, high fidelity 4-way active loudspeaker system when used with Bassboss powered subwoofers. Standard equipment includes 6 suspension points for horizontal or vertical orientation. Equally at home in a high-end listening room, on a pumping dance floor or in a large auditorium, the AT312's versatility puts high fidelity and amazing resolution anywhere and everywhere you need it.
- Outstanding sound quality
- Compact, high-output 3-way
- Lightweight and low-profile
- Symmetrical coverage
- Tall, thin design
- One person set-up
- Amplification: 3000-Watt 4 channel Class D powersoft amplifier
- DSP Comprehensive processing including High-pass, Low-pass, EQ, alignment and limiting
- Electrical connectors, amplifier Neutrik PowerCon in and through
- Electrical connector, Mains NEMA5-15 (Edison) or Powercon loop-through jumper (for use above subwoofer) on request
- Voltage operating range: 90-250V. Auto-sensing, auto switching universal supply
- Current draw, nominal: 5A @ 120V, 2.5A @ 240V
- Controls: level control from +12dB to -12dB, preset selector button
- Display LEDs for power/ready, signal, clip and protect. LED indicating selected preset
- Signal Input Connector: XLR-F
- Signal output connector: XLR-M pass-through only
- Enclosure type: 3-way mid-high. Helmholz resonator LF section, acoustic suspension MF section with co-axially mounted, horn-loaded HF section
- Low frequency transducers: 2 x 12" diameter (300 mm) neodymium motor woofer with 3" (76 mm) voice coil, waterproof cone
- Mid frequency transducer: 12" diameter (300 mm) neodymium motor midrange driver with co-axial HF exit
- High frequency transducer: ÈÀ 1.4" exit 3" (76 mm) voice coil compression driver mounted to 80 degree conical wave guide
- Cabinet construction: 18mm baltic birch plywood, dado joinery, integrated handles, 20° side angle trapezoid
- Suspension Points: 6 x 3/8" - 16 TPI internally braced threaded mounting points
- Exterior finish: weatherproof bonded high-pressure polyurethane
- Grill: black perforated, powder-coated steel
- Dimensions: 48" x 15.75" x 8" x 13.5" / 122cm x 40cm x 20cm x 34.5cm (HxWxDxFxR)
- Weight: 89 lbs