BASSBOSS SSP215 Dual 15-Inch Powered Subwoofer
Providing massive output at and above 35Hz, reliably, consistently and with great fidelity. Modern electronic, jazz, reggae, R&B and rap music emphasize bass and put tremendous demands on low frequency loudspeakers. The SSP215 delivers the energy and power of modern music and it is built to take the stress of doing so continuously, to the extremes, without fail.
The SSP215 is powered with a 2400W RMS amplifier. This is a continuous sine wave rating, not a peak or burst or EIAJ 8ms rating. Each 15" woofer has a 4" voice coil and a power handling rating of 1500W rms and 3000W program.
The smallest frontal dimension is only 17.5", making it super versatile for placement options because it can fit under low stages, can be flown in low ceilings and can be tucked in corners or between furniture where larger boxes would not fit. Its large dimension is 48", making it useful as a stack platform for getting the top boxes up above the audiences? heads. It?s only 22.5" deep, making it a perfect truck-pack size. It?s tuned low, for use as a real subwoofer, with long-excursion, low distortion 15" woofers, and thanks to the lower mass of the 15" cones it delivers the tight, punchy sound as well as the deep, rolling bass.
Extremely flat, delivering response that is +-3dB from 35Hz to 100Hz. No equalization is required to achieve this response. Unlike designs that require equalization, the SSP215?s tone, response and sensitivity are native to the design. Systems that require processing to achieve their stated response are still subject to the physical excursion and thermal limits of their drivers. Boosting low frequency EQ to achieve extended low-frequency response results in excessive distortion or woofer damage at full power unless limiting is applied. The limiting necessary to prevent failure also prevents the realization of their claimed frequency response at full power. The SSP215 does not suffer from these limitations. It faithfully delivers the low bass where most others either fade or fail.
Versatile and Durable. Finished in extremely durable black textured weatherproof polyurethane coating, with a top-mounted pole socket in the SSP215 provides for mid-high loudspeakers to be mounted on a straight speaker pole above the subwoofer. The enclosures also feature four large rubber feet and corresponding recesses in their tops to facilitate interlocking the boxes when stacked. The woofers' cones are made from a waterproof fiber matrix.
Engineered to work hard and continue to work where others fail. The BASSBOSS warranty provides 6 years of coverage against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty does cover failed drivers, including burned voice coils, for 2 years from the date of purchase. If a voice coil, or anything else, fails within the warranty period, replacement parts will be provided without charge. (See warranty documentation for complete details). With the peace of mind afforded by plentiful, clean, undistorted output and comprehensive protection systems, you can confidently push the SSP215 to levels and depths that would otherwise require more or bigger cabinets.
- Half the size of 218 boxes
- Very low profile
- Deep bass output as 218s
- Truck pack for touring
- tall for stacking tops
- 2400W RMS Class D amp
- Frequency response (+-3 dB): 35 - 120 Hz
- Maximum sustained output: 129 dB SPL, 1 meter, half-space (ground plane)
- Short-term peak output: 132 dB
- Nominal dispersion (H° x V°): 360° x 360°
- Integrated comprehensive DSP provides high pass, low pass, time alignment and limiting
- Electrical connectors: Neutrik powercon input (blue) NAC3FCA
- Voltage operating range: 90-130V
- Current draw, nominal: 3A @ 120 volts (typical, 1/8 max power)
- Signal input connector: XLR-F
- Signal output connector: XLR-M pass-through only
- Enclosure type: Helmholz resonator enclosure, optimally tuned for extended low frequency response with high sensitivity and high power handling
- Transducers: (2) 15" diameter (380mm) neodymium motor woofer with 4" (100mm) copper winding voice coil and 46mm peak to peak excursion. Waterproof fiber composite cone
- Cabinet construction: 18mm baltic bBirch plywood, extensively braced
- Equipped with (16) flypoints, (2) pole sockets, (4) steel handles, (4) large rubber feet, (4) interlocking foot pockets
- Exterior finish: weatherproof bonded high-pressure polyurethane
- Grill: black perforated, powder-coated steel
- Dimensions: 17.2" x 48" x 22.5" (H x W x D)
- Weight: 165 lbs.