BASSBOSS ZV28 Dual 18-Inch Powered Subwoofer
The ZV28 Profundo Subwoofer delivers bass so low as to be at the very limits of human hearing. Notes that are simply not present with other subwoofers are fully realized by the ZV28, and frequencies that stress lesser subs are reproduced effortlessly and powerfully. The ZV28 must be felt, as well as heard, to be truly appreciated.
For super-low modern bass music, just two cabinets will produce exceptional levels of extraordinarily deep bass. The ZV28 is designed to deliver an intensely physical experience for the audience. No other manufacturer produces a sub as powerful and low as the ZV28 at a similar price point and physical size.
One ZV28 delivers frequency response from 24 Hz to 80 Hz. Two ZV28s offer response extended to 21 Hz (+-3 dB, 1m, ground plane). ZV28s were independently measured at Ultra Music Fest 2013 to achieve flat frequency response to 21Hz (-3 dB) at audience distance. A sub system of only sixteen ZV28 Subs and eight Z5/D Bass Horns s was used to create a legendary gig of extreme levels for close to 10,000 screaming fans. SPL meters showed levels of over 135 dB in the middle of the audience area.
A 4000W RMS amplifier with integrated, comprehensive DSP is included. The ZV28s are vented, direct radiating subwoofers with a large internal volume and a very low tuned frequency. Anti-standing wave baffles and pass-through dampers minimize upper resonances while very large ports maximize low frequency performance at high output. Protection systems and limiters control all manners of overload, including thermal, excursion and clipping.
All that electrical power is converted into acoustical power by a pair of 18" neodymium motor woofers. These premium-quality, drivers feature split-wound 4.5" copper voice coils, power handling ratings of 3400W program and peak-to-peak excursion capability of up to 60mm. The ZV28’s woofer cones are waterproofed so the cabinets are safe to use outdoors where they may encounter rain, in nightclubs where drinks may be spilled on them, or in dusty environments that may leave the drivers needing a thorough cleaning.
The ZV28 is optimized for full-power operation. It is designed to operate at full rated RMS power throughout its operating range while ensuring the woofers remain within their excursion and thermal limits. The ZV28 delivers consistently flat frequency response, and a pair delivers response that is -3dB at 21 Hz. No equalization is required to achieve this response and it is available at high levels in real-world applications, continuously. The ZV28’s sensitivity is achieved and maintained though careful optimization, the use of premium components and innovative, proprietary thermal management techniques. Thanks to the deep-bass sensitivity, the robust components and the prodigious power, massive low end is delivered on demand.
The ZV28 specifications are real. Other subwoofers can be made to look similar on paper, but come up short in the field. Beware of loudspeaker systems that require processing to achieve their claimed frequency response. Those systems are still subject to the excursion and thermal limits of their drivers. Boosting low frequency EQ to achieve extended low-frequency response on specification charts isn’t the way to deliver superior results at maximum power. In fact, boosting low frequency EQ is likely to result in excessive distortion or woofer damage at full power. If limiting is applied to avert such failure, that limiting prevents the realization of the claimed frequency response at full power.
A two-year no-fault warranty is offered on the subwoofer drivers above and beyond the standard warranty. We are able to offer this extraordinary coverage due to the ZV28s (and all BASSBOSS subs) innovative design and engineering which utilizes the best of current technology to virtually eliminate blown drivers. The electronics carry a three year warranty, and the cabinets a six year warranty.
The ZV28s are extremely cost effective. If the basis of comparison is low frequency output, the ZV28 can be compared to two or four or even more of some competitor's boxes.
- Groundbreaking performance
- Super-high continuous output
- -3dB at 21Hz from two cabs
- 4000W RMS Class D amp
- Deepest high-output sub for its size
- Smooth, even, accurate, clean
- Frequency response: (+-3 dB) 25 - 90 Hz
- Frequency response, Pair: (+-3 dB) 21 - 90 Hz
- Maximum sustained output: 134 dB SPL, 1 meter, half-space (ground plane)
- Short-term peak output: 137 dB
- Nominal dispersion (°H x °V): 360 x 360
- Amplification: 4000-watt continuous RMS Class D Aamplifier
- Processing: Integrated comprehensive DSP provides high pass, low pass, phase alignment and limiting
- Electrical connectors, Amplifier: Neutrik Powercon input (Blue) NAC3FCA
- Electrical connector, mains: standard US 3-pin 120V electrical plug: NEMA 5-15.(Edison) Optional electrical plugs available, including L5-30 and others, upon request
- Voltage operating Range: 90-130V
- Current draw, nominal: 4.7A @ 120 volts, (typical, 1/8 max power)
- Current draw, peak: 20A
- Signal input connector: XLR-F
- Signal output connector: XLR-M pass-through only
- Enclosure type: Helmholz resonator enclosure, optimally tuned for extremely low frequency response with good sensitivity and high power handling
- Transducers: 2 - 18" diameter (457 mm) woofer with 4.5" (115 mm) copper winding voice coil and 56 mm peak to peak excursion. Waterproof fiber composite cone
- Cabinet Construction: 18 mm Baltic Birch plywood, extensively braced. Equipped with 16 flypoints; 2 pole sockets; 4 steel handles; 4 large rubber feet; 4 interlocking foot pockets
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 22.5" x 42" x 42" (23.25" high with feet)
- Net weight:220 lbs.
- Shipping weight: 240 lbs.
- Exterior finish: Weatherproof bonded high-pressure polyurethane
- Grill: Black perforated, powder-coated steel
- Suspension system: 16 - 3/8-16 threaded flypoints
- Installation Vversion: Available without handles and pole sockets
- Amplification for installation: Complete power package including DSP in two rack space chassis
- Transport Dollies: Wheel cart with 4 locking casters and recesses to accept interlocking cabinet feet for transporting 1 to 3 cabinets
- Covers: Heavy-duty padded nylon transport covers for 1 to 2 cabinets