Behringer FIREPOWER FCA610 - Audiophile 6 In/10 Out, 24-Bit/96 kHz USB/FireWire Audio/MIDI Interface
FIREPOWER AUDIO USB/FireWire audio interfaces are the ideal way to stream audio to and from your PC or Mac computer. These handy interfaces feature state-of-the-art XENYX mic preamps, legendary the world over for their pristine clarity and high-headroom sonic performance, plus Behringer's 24-Bit/96 kHz A/D-D/A converters will really respect your input. Both interfaces support Windows XP/Vista/7 plus Mac OS X and provide onboard phantom power for use with studio-grade condenser microphones. Hook up to the BEHRINGER FCA Series and instantly turn your computer into a powerful recording/editing workstation.
Your Portal to the Digital Domain
The FCA Series allows you to converse with your computer in a language it understands… digital. When you connect line-level devices, such as synthesizers or the outputs of an audio mixer to an FCA1616 or FCA610, internal 24-bit A/D (Analog to Digital) converters swing into action, turning the audio signal into digital data. Now you can record and play back your masterpiece through a pair of active studio monitors or listen in the privacy of your favorite headphones.
Due to its small size and low-latency operation, 6 In / 10 Out architecture, plus 2 highly-acclaimed XENYX mic preamps, the FCA610 is a dream come true for traveling musicians who record and edit on their laptops. The portable FCA610 can receive power from your computer's 6-pin FireWire bus or via the included external power supply. Built-in MIDI I/O allows you to connect keyboards and other outboard MIDI hardware. All standard I/O formats are supported including analog and S/PDIF (both coaxial and optical). The half-rack-space FCA610 stows easily in your travel kit.
On the rear panels of the FCA1616 and FCA610, you'll find ports for FireWire and USB 2.0. Inputs are balanced 1/4" jacks that accept a wide range of line-level devices. Outputs accept both balanced and unbalanced 1/4" connections. The two headphones jacks are conveniently located on the front panel, with a dedicated volume control.
The Technical Stuff
Both FIREPOWER FCA1616 and FCA610 interfaces feature state-of-the-art, high-resolution 24-bit A/D-D/A converters, supporting up to a 96 kHz sampling rate. Reliable Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 drivers and Mac OS X support ensure ultra-low latency operation.
How About Some Free Software!
Because you'll want to take full advantage of your computer's recording, editing and podcasting potential, they've put together a massive software download at www.behringer.com that includes Audacity (the most popular open source audio editor), Podifier, Juice, Podnova and Golden Ear (a great selection of podcasting software). You're ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! You also get more than 100 virtual instruments and 50 FX plug-ins, turning your computer into a complete home-based or mobile recording studio.
With Behringer's super-affordable FIREPOWER FCA Series FireWire/USB audio interfaces, you'll get blazing-fast streaming to and from your computer, plus Behringer's amazingly sweet XENYX mic preamps, and much more-and they cover you with a comprehensive warranty program.
- Audiophile ultra low-noise, high headroom audio interface with 24-Bit/96 kHz resolution
- Multi-channel audio and MIDI operation via FireWire 400 or USB2.0
- Streams 6 inputs / 10 outputs plus 1x MIDI I/O with ultra-low latency to your computer, supporting Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher
- 2 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps with individual Pad, Low Cut and Hi-Z
- Ultra-flexible connectivity via analog and S/PDIF I/O ports (coaxial and optical)
- Direct Monitoring and Main Volume control on hardware front - no confusing software mixer panel
- 2 powerful Headphone outputs with individual Volume control, Mono and Source signal select
- Level control of your stereo or 7.1 active speaker system with a single knob turn
- Smooth cross-fading between inputs and DAW playback signals while your record sessions
- Status and signal presence indication for all analog and digital I/O
- Powered via external power supply (included) or 6-pin FireWire bus
- Compact 9.5" half-rack-space form factor
- Standard port for Kensington security lock provided
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life