Behringer Composer Pro-XL MDX2600 Compressor
Expanding Your Sonic Possibilities
The reference-class MDX2600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/ Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/ stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely- high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX2600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, Low-Contour filter and our revolutionary, switchable Tube simulation - for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry. Put simply, the MDX2600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments - providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
Audio Dynamics Toolkit
Here are just a few of the MDX2600's outstanding capabilities:
Revolutionary Tube Simulation
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) - provides program adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) - combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Enhancer - lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail - without raising overall volume
- Tube Simulation - provides the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry, creating a sound rich in harmonic content
- De-Esser - "must-have" tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre - often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
- Side Chain - allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies - also often used to "tighten up" tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
- Stereo Couple - links both channels, allowing Channel 1 dials and switches to provide dynamics control over both channels (true stereo processing)
The secret behind the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600's incredible sound is our Tube Modeling processor, which exudes the very essence of tube and compression. This amazing circuitry accurately emulates the performance characteristics of highly sought-after classic tube compressors, creating a sound that is so rich in harmonic content - you'll wonder where we hid the tubes!
The MDX2600 features amazingly-accurate 12-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 1/4" Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 takes up just a single rackspace.
The incredible MDX2600 is the ideal solution for becoming the master of your dynamics. With its flexible routing options, all the I/O you could ask for, plus a host of other professional features - the MDX2600 is an exceptional tool for your live shows - and an absolute "must-have" for your studio!
You Are Covered
Behringer confidently backs up the MDX2600 with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Integrated De-esser with switchable male/female voice recognition removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable dynamic Enhancer for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Switchable Tube simulation for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable Low contour filter prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo couple function with independent output level settings
- Switchable side chain input with monitor function
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- Dedicated "traffic light" Threshold and De-esser level displays
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with 1/4" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Relay-controlled hard bypass switch with auto bypass function in case of power failure
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany