Blizzard SkyBox W-DMX RGBAW+UV Battery LED Light
Lithium-Ion Battery Powered + Built-In Wireless W-DMX Receiver!
Our new SkyBox W-DMX fixtures maintain all of the exact same incredible features as our SkyBox EXA fixtures including 7x 15w RGBAW+UV 6-in-1 LEDs, and super long-life internal Lithium-Ion battery system... but in place of its built-in Skywire wireless receiver, SkyBox W-DMX fixtures are fitted with a completely different type of wireless technology. W-DMX is created and owned by Wireless Solution Sweden AB, and is today the un-official standard for those that require the most dependable product available for transmitting lighting control data wirelessly.
SkyBox W-DMX fixtures offer 6/7/8 and 11-channel control modes which means it works great with any type of controller, especially our very own Kontrol 6 DMX controller with 6 clearly labled Red/Green/Blue/Amber and UV sliders! Plus, the built-in 4 character/4 button LCD control panel allows total control over the fixture, including master/slave, auto mode, fade, strobe settings, manual color adjustment, sound active mode, IR remote control mode, and power output mode settings.
Its Lithium-Ion internal battery system allows the user to select one of 3 power output mode settings. Depending on the needs of any given application, you can select either High Power, Medium Power, or Battery Saver Mode, which allows the fixture to run for a longer time at lower output. With average usage of color fades in High Output Mode, you can expect the battery life to last up to 10+ hours, color jumping 5+ hrs, or full on for 3+ hrs! Need more time? Just switch over to one of the other battery power saver modes! The normal battery recharge time is 4 hrs, and can be done even while in use!
The fixture also features built-in PowerCon compatible AC power In/Out connectors, 3-pin DMX in/out connections, a main power switch, and an LED illuminated battery power gauge which illuminates red during charge, and green when fully charged. These are all strategically placed on the back of the unit in a way that allows you to use it in ANY position, including flat on the floor!
Then, for the ultimate in ease of setup, when paired up with any W-DMX transmitter or transceiver unit such as our own LightCaster W-DMX transceiver, the built-in W-DMX receiver will provide wireless communication for over 500 meters (line-of-sight), while leaving any worries behind concerning loss of signal due to its built-in FHSS technology (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum). FHSS are frequency hopping techniques, in which the transmitter jumps from one sub-channel to another at a very rapid pace. This technique was first used by the U.S. military precisely because they are difficult to disrupt, and unless you knew the frequency hopping sequence, practically impossible to intercept. An unlimited number of receiving units can be controlled by each transceiver, each one able to control 512 channels of DMX (1 universe).
Endless setup possibilities can be achieved with W-DMX by using either Multipoint-2-Multipoint, or Point-2-Point operation. In a Multipoint-2-Multipoint system, each DMX512 device is set to use its own W-DMX transceiver, which negates the need for DMX cable as the entire system is wireless. In a Point-to-Point situation, W-DMX is used to ‘bridge’ a distance, and more fixtures can be easily daisy chained thereafter.
SkyBox W-DMX fixtures also have a number of optional accessories that can be purchased separately including an attachable light shroud (Shroud-Rok/Sky), barndoor attachment (Barndoor-RokBox), diffusion panel (Diffuser-RokBox/SkyBox), a gel frame attachment (Gelframe-RokBox), also an incredibly easy to use SkyBox IR remote control (Remote-SkyBox).
And for even more incredible news, SkyBox W-DMX fixtures are now available with either black or white housing!
- Color mixing via 7x 15W (6 x 2.5w) RGBAW+UV 6-in-1 LEDs
- 395-400nM ultraviolet light output
- 2.4Ghz built-in wireless W-DMX receiver
- Intelion lithium-ion battery system
- 3 battery power modes
- 5 user-selectable 32-bit dimming curves
- Variable electronic dimming strobe
- Built-in color chase macros via DMX
- Built-in automated programs via master/slave
- Built-in sound active programs
- Rugged and well-built
- Super-quiet variable-speed internal fan cooling
- Dual mounting brackets for positioning flexibility
- Flicker-free constant-current 400hz LED driver
- 3-pin male input and 3-pin female output
- PowerCon compatible AC power In/Out connectors
- IR remote control (sold separately)
- Available with black or white housing
- Operating Voltage: 100-264VAC, 47-63 Hertz
- Power Consumption: 84W, 13A
- LED: 7x 15-watt, 6-in-1 RGBAW LEDs
- Beam Angle: 25°
- Luminous Intensity: 10,300 Lux @ 1m, 2,850 @ 2m
- Max. Operating Temp.: 104 degrees F (40 degrees C) ambient
- Protocol: USITT DMX-512
- DMX Channels: 6/7/8/11 (User Selectable)
- Input: 3-pin XLR Male
- Output: 3-pin XLR Female
- Operating Modes: Standalone, Master/Slave, Sound Active, Color Preset
- Length: 9.02 inches (229 mm)
- Width: 6.5 inches (165 mm)
- Height: 9 inches (228 cm)
- Weight: 9.9 lbs (4.5 kg)
- Transmission band: 2.4Ghz ISM
- Channels: 512
- Receiver sensitivity: -98dBm
- 2-year limited warranty, does not cover malfunction caused by damage to LEDs