Kurt Cobain Jaguar - Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
Fender introduces one of its most distinctive signature models ever, the Kurt Cobain Jaguar-meticulously modeled on the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-'90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement.
Fender craftsmen have reproduced Cobain's battle-hardened left-handed Jaguar down to the last unusual detail, including its worn finish, dual humbucking pickups and unique electronics and controls (which were already in place when Kurt acquired the guitar in summer 1991).
Unique features include an alder body with Road Worn aged finish and hardware treatment, bound fretboard with pearloid dot markers, Stratocaster headstock shape with 1950s-style "spaghetti" logo, DiMarzio humbucking DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup and DP100 Super Distortion bridge pickup, triple knurled "chrome-dome" knob configuration (volume-volume-tone), three-position toggle switch, black chrome Adjusto-Matic bridge and Gotoh sealed tuners. Available in right- and left-handed versions.
Accessories include a black textured vinyl hard-shell case and an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot Position Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 24" (61 cm)
- Neck Plate: Vintage Style 4 Bolt
- Neck Binding: White
- Truss Rods: Original Vintage Style
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio PAF DP-103 36th Anniversary Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Stratocaster Headstock; Volume, Volume, Tone Control Configuration; Toggle Pickup Selector Switch; Adjusto-Matic Bridge; Road Worn Aged Finish and Hardware Treatment
- Case Gig Bags: Standard Black Textured Vinyl Hardshell Case
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoise Shell
- Included Accessories: Exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain Book featuring photography by Charles Peterson
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome Dome
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.