The HHB FlashMic is the world’s first professional digital recording microphone.
It combines a high-quality, Sennheiser omnidirectional (DRM85) or cardioid (DRM85-C)
condenser capsule with an inbuilt, 1GB broadcast-quality Flash recorder to deliver a
maximum recording time of over 18 hours.
Just one button press is all it takes to start recording in either linear or MPEG 2
formats. Simple ‘drag and drop’ file transfer at up to 70x real time to a Mac or PC
for editing or onward transmission is enabled by a ‘plug and play’ USB connection.
Two AA batteries provide more than 8 hours continuous power and the included FlashMic
Manager Mac/PC software provides powerful tools for naming and organising recordings,
and configuring the FlashMic for various applications.
- Sampling Frequency- 48kHz, 44.1kHz, 32kHz. Selection by FlashMic Manager software or on DRM85
- Bit Resolution- (Linear 16 Bit
- Audio Formats- Linear PCM, MPEG 1 Layer 2, Selection by FlashMic Manager software or on DRM85. 6 mode settings
- Bitrates- (MPEG) 192, 160, 128 kbps
- Frequency Response- 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 1dB @ 48 kHz FS Linear PCM
- THD + N- < 0.1% (20 Hz - 20 kHz) @ 48 kHz FS Linear PCM
- Number of Channels- 1 (Mono)
- Microphone Capsule- Omni-directional (DRM85) cardioid (DRM85-C)
- Record Level- Automatic Gain Control (AGC = on), Manual Gain Control (AGC = off)
- High Pass Filter- Switchable on/off, 12 dB/octave @ 100Hz
- Data Storage System- Fixed internal memory, capacity 1 GB
- Date / Time- Internal real-time clock, running as long as power supply is available. Back-up supply for 1 minute to allow batterychange. Set / synchronized automatically by host computer application according to host computer clock. Manual setting on DRM85 by menu item.
- File Format- Broadcast wave file (.wav). Linear PCM or MPEG 1 Layer 2 compressed. Date / Time stamp is stored in file header. Filename generated automatically by DRM85, basic text string provided from PC software.
- File System- FAT. Mounts as a removable drive via USB mass storage device protocol. File transfer is possible with the FlashMic Manager software or through Windows Explorer and Mac OS Finder.
- Headphone Output- 3.5mm stereo socket, mono signal to both channels. Manual volume control by rotary switch. Output may be used for audio recording on PC. Drive capability for 32 O headphone, short circuit protection.
- Optional Accessories- Wind shield, table stand.
- Weight- 366 grammes / 13 ounces (excluding batteries)
- Dimensions- Length 244mm / 9.6 inches. Diameter at widest point (mic capsule) 50mm, 2 inches.
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.