Icon i-Creativ Touch-Surface MIDI Controller
The iCreativ is a unique performance controller with a touch surface interface. The touch surface is divided into a grid of 8×16 cells, with LED backlighting providing feedback. The controller also includes four rotary encoders, an assignable fader, and Icon's proprietary AirLight 3D controller, which lets you control instrument or effect parameters with hand movements.
iCreative has six performance modes, which define how the touch surface responds and what it controls. In Piano mode, the touch surface is split into 16 notes with eight levels of expression, with up to eight octaves of control. In Pad mode, the touch surface is split into eight drum pads, with two available banks, for a total of 16 pads. Controls mode turns the touch surface into eight faders to control levels, effects, and more. X/Y mode turns the entire surface into a large X/Y pad to create smooth sweeps, builds and rolls. Clip mode will select and launch clips in programs such as Ableton Live, and Arpeggio mode lets you play complex arpeggios and rhythmic patterns. Creating custom arpeggios is a breeze thanks to the included Icon iMap software.
The i-Creativ comes bundled with Samplitude and includes factory presets for most popular DAW software including Ableton Live, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One. Every control can be custom-mapped to any MIDI application using the included iMap software. The i-Creativ uses Mackie Control and HUI protocols for presets and automatic mapping, and can be configured for general MIDI values as well.
- Backlit touch surface with grid of 8×16 cells
- AirLight 3D controller to control parameters with hand movements
- 4 assignable encoders
- 1 assignable fader
- 6 performance modes: Piano, Pad, Controls, X/Y, Clip, and Arpeggio
- Piano mode has 16 piano keys with 8 selectable octaves and 8 levels of expression
- Pad mode has 2 banks of 8 drum pads
- Controls mode has 2 banks of 8 faders
- X/Y mode turns the entire surface into a large X/Y pad
- Clip mode launches clips in Ableton Live
- Arpeggio mode lets you play complex arpeggios and rhythmic patterns
- Create custom arpeggios using included Icon iMap software
- 3-segment LED display
- Includes Magix Samplitude DAW software
- Includes iMap software for quick and easy MIDI mapping
- Class-compliant with Windows XP, Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) and OS X (10.4 and higher)
- 2 USB ports to chain other Icon iSeries devices
- USB bus-powered
- Fits in most 15" laptop backpacks
- Weight: 1.8lb
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.8" x 3.8" x 0.75"