JBL JRX118S: 18-Inch Passive Subwoofer
The JBL JRX118S is a non-powered subwoofer rated at 350 watts of continuous power handling at 4 ohms (1400 watts peak). This thumpin' sub is designed with a JBL 18" woofer with a cast frame and 3" voice-coil. It incorporates a sophisticated, advanced network topology design to ensure quality performance. To minimize distortion due to coil saturation, heavy gauge wire is used for inductors and SonicGuard high-frequency driver protection guards against damage caused by inadvertent overpowering of the system. It features 1/4" and speakon connectors. THe JRX118S is constructed of carpet-covered 3/4" MDF - a material that is structurally and acoustically superior to the particle board that is used by many competitive products. To ensure durability, JBL constructs these enclosures with advanced adhesives and closely mechanically spaced fasteners, while competitive systems typically rely on glue. Non-resonant, all metal handles are used and an 18 gauge, full metal grill protects the drivers. And of course, it's passed JBL's 100-hour full rated-power torture test.
- 18 in. compact subwoofer.
- 350 W (continuous), 1400 W (peak) power capacity.
- The rugged enclosure is constructed from 19 mm (.75 in) MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) using advanced adhesives and mechanical fastener technology for durability and improved low-frequency performance. The enclosure is covered in black carpet.
- A top mounted, cast aluminum 35 mm pole mount receptacle can receive an optional SS3BK pole to facilitate use of the JRX118SP as a base for a midhigh speaker cabinet.
- Non-resonant, all steel handles are used.
- Attractive 18-gauge perforated steel grille protects components from damage.
- 35 mm pole mount receptacle for use with satellite speakers.
- Power Rating: 350 W / 1400 W
- Frequency Range : 38 Hz - 300 Hz (-10 dB)
- Frequency Response : 55 Hz - 300 Hz (±3 dB)
- Sensitivity : 96 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedence : 4 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power : 350 W to 700 W into 4 ohms
- Recommended Crossover Settings : 30 Hz HPF, 24 dB / octave; 80 - 100 Hz LPF, 24 dB / octave
- Maximum SPL : 127 dB
- Weight : 32.2 kg (71 lb)
- Low Frequency Driver : JBL 2043-G
- Input Connectors : Neutrik Speakon NL-4 (x1); .25 in TS phone jack (x1); parallel
- (H x W x D): 23.5 in x 20.3 in x 22 in (597 mm x 516 mm x 559 mm)
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.