JBL PRX618S-XLF 18" Powered Subwoofer
The PRX618S-XLF, extended low frequency subwoofer was designed and engineered to provide sub bass frequencies with accuracy and power. Used as a single sub in a sub/sat system or in multiples as part of a scalable, large format sound reinforcement system, the PRX618S-XLF performs with extreme efficiency and control. The subs are stackable and light-weight ensuring quick set-ups and tear-downs. And due to their rugged construction are perfect for AV rental inventories. With a pole receptacle (that accepts a SS4-BK or SS4-BK24) on the top panel and integrated stereo pass-thru this is the most powerful low-frequency complement to the PRX full-range systems. The addition of a polarity reverse option further enables system optimization.
The PRX618S-XLF is a high performance self-powered subwoofer system. The PRX618S-XLF is comprised of a powerful 2268FF Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer driven by a 1000 Watt (dual 500 watt) Crown Class-D power amplifier. Dual-Bridge Technology™ directly links discrete amplifier channel outputs to each voice coil in the Differential Drive woofer. Electrical power transfer to the transducer is optimized for more power performance. A proprietary DSP chip is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable cross-over functionality, polarity optimization, protection, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
The amplifier input panel offers stereo inputs with XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility. A user selectable crossover ensures a smooth transition to full-range system connected to the stereo outputs. Signal present and limiter lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
All PRX600 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX600 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability.
- Maximum SPL 133 db peak
- 460mm (18 in) Differential Drive® dual voice-coil and magnetic gap, neodymium woofer
- 1000 Watt (2 x 500 watt) Class-D, Crown® digital amplifier
- DSP input section with dbx® Type IV™ limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Professional XLR line and ¼" Mic/Instrument inputs, with loop through
- Obsidian DuraFlex™ coated plywood construction
- Top panel M20 pole mount socket for sub/satellite configuration
- Large die-cast aluminum handle bar with a fine tuned ergonomic rubber grip for maximum comfort
- System Type: Self-Powered 18",bass - reflex
- Maximum SPL Output:133 dB peak
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 30 Hz – 105 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 39 Hz – 93 Hz
- Polarity: Normal or reverse polarity
- Crossover Frequency: 90 Hz
- Amp Design: Crown® Class D
- Power Rating: 1000 W ( 2 x 500 )
- Dimension (H x W x D): 685.8 mm x 530.9 mm x 716.3 mm ( 27.0 in x 20.9 in x 28.2 in )
- Net Weight: 37 kg ( 81.5 lb )