Korg M50-88 88 Key Portable Workstation
Incredible new sounds; fat & juicy combos, splits and layers; a plethora of ace effects; dynamic Drum Tracks; enhanced poly-arpeggiators; classic sequencing tools, a solid, confident keybed; up-to-date SD storage; companion editing software and our famous TouchView interactive display - it all adds up to an invigorating and sexy keyboard instrument that could only come from KORG.
There’s One for Everyone
Over twenty years of category-defining workstation expertise beats in the heart of the M50 Music Workstation. Just as the M3 borrowed elements from the legendary OASYS, the M50 captures all the sonic firepower of the M3, distilled into a performance instrument that is second to none. In a word, the M50 just may be the keyboard you’ve been waiting for. 61, 73 and 88 note versions are available, sporting a new semi-weighted Natural Touch keyboard. This new fast and responsive synthesizer keybed facilitates expressive and dynamic performing. Tipping the scales at a mere 46 pounds, the seriously portable 88 key version features our top-of-the-line RH3 Graded Hammer Action, and provides a satisfying performance experience for the piano purist!
A Natural Performer
Made to be played, the M50 is inviting and comfortable. The TouchView screen is intuitive and interactive, allowing the uniquely angled front panel to remain refined and uncluttered. The buttons themselves are rock solid, backlit and rounded for visibility ease-of-use under any playing conditions. In addition to Korg’s four-way joystick and multi-function knobs, the M50 offers four Chord Triggers that provide a flexible and fun way to play chords and trigger arp patterns. A ten key numeric keypad allows on-demand instant access to sounds, combis and other parameter/values.
Elegant, intuitive touchscreen
Control surface with 4 Chord Trigger buttons Hundreds of drum track patterns, and over a thousand arpeggiator patterns – including chord grooves, picking-patterns, and more - are instantly available to add punch and pizzazz to your M50 performance, and to provide hours of inspiration.
- EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis)
- 256 Mbyte (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- 1,077 Multisamples
- 1,609 Drum Samples
* The actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfading.
- 80 voices, 80 oscillators max, single mode
- 40 voices, 80 oscillators max, double mode*
- 640 total locations, 608 preloaded
- 512 total locations, 384 preloaded
- 48 total locations, 32 preloaded
- 256 GM2 programs, 9 GM2 drum kits
- OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double)
- Stereo multisamples are supported
- 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
- Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
- Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- Three bands, with sweepable mid
- For each voice: two envelope generators (Filter & Amp)
- Two LFOs
- Two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp)
- Two AMS mixers
- Pitch EG
- Common LFO
- Two common key tracking generators
- Up to sixteen timbres
- For each Timbre: keyboard and velocity