Korg M50-88 88 Key Portable Workstation
Incredible new sounds; fat & juicy combos, splits and layers; a plethora of ace effects; dynamic Drum Tracks; enhanced poly-arpeggiators; classic sequencing tools, a solid, confident keybed; up-to-date SD storage; companion editing software and our famous TouchView interactive display - it all adds up to an invigorating and sexy keyboard instrument that could only come from KORG.
There’s One for Everyone
Over twenty years of category-defining workstation expertise beats in the heart of the M50 Music Workstation. Just as the M3 borrowed elements from the legendary OASYS, the M50 captures all the sonic firepower of the M3, distilled into a performance instrument that is second to none. In a word, the M50 just may be the keyboard you’ve been waiting for. 61, 73 and 88 note versions are available, sporting a new semi-weighted Natural Touch keyboard. This new fast and responsive synthesizer keybed facilitates expressive and dynamic performing. Tipping the scales at a mere 46 pounds, the seriously portable 88 key version features our top-of-the-line RH3 Graded Hammer Action, and provides a satisfying performance experience for the piano purist!
A Natural Performer
Made to be played, the M50 is inviting and comfortable. The TouchView screen is intuitive and interactive, allowing the uniquely angled front panel to remain refined and uncluttered. The buttons themselves are rock solid, backlit and rounded for visibility ease-of-use under any playing conditions. In addition to Korg’s four-way joystick and multi-function knobs, the M50 offers four Chord Triggers that provide a flexible and fun way to play chords and trigger arp patterns. A ten key numeric keypad allows on-demand instant access to sounds, combis and other parameter/values.
Elegant, intuitive touchscreen
Control surface with 4 Chord Trigger buttons Hundreds of drum track patterns, and over a thousand arpeggiator patterns – including chord grooves, picking-patterns, and more - are instantly available to add punch and pizzazz to your M50 performance, and to provide hours of inspiration.
- EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis)
- 256 Mbyte (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- 1,077 Multisamples
- 1,609 Drum Samples
* The actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfading.
- 80 voices, 80 oscillators max, single mode
- 40 voices, 80 oscillators max, double mode*
- 640 total locations, 608 preloaded
- 512 total locations, 384 preloaded
- 48 total locations, 32 preloaded
- 256 GM2 programs, 9 GM2 drum kits
- OSC1 (Single), OSC1+2 (Double)
- Stereo multisamples are supported
- 4 velocity zones per oscillator, with switching, crossfades and layers.
- Four types of filter routing (single, serial, parallel, 24 dB)
- Two multi-mode filters per voice (low pass, high pass, band pass, band reject)
- Per-voice nonlinear driver and low boost
- Three bands, with sweepable mid
- For each voice: two envelope generators (Filter & Amp)
- Two LFOs
- Two key tracking generators (Filter & Amp)
- Two AMS mixers
- Pitch EG
- Common LFO
- Two common key tracking generators
Drum Kit Structure
- Up to sixteen timbres
- For each Timbre: keyboard and velocity split/layer/crossfade
- INT, OFF, EXT and EX2 MIDI status settings
- 3-band EQ with sweepable mid
- Use OSC1, 2 or Both
- Force Osc Mode (PRG, MONO, LEGATO, POLY)
- Portamento and Bend range settings
- Controller filters
- Modifications to the program settings via the Tone Adjust function
- Stereo and mono drum samples
- 4-way velocity switches with crossfades and adjustable crossfade shapes (Linear, Power, Layer)
- Exclusive keygroups
- Per key 3-band EQ, Drive, Lo Boost, filter and level offsets
- 5 Insert Effects (stereo in/out), 2 Master Effects (stereo in/out), 1 Total Effect (stereo in/out) are available simultaneously
- 2 effect control busses, 2 effect common LFOs
- 170 types (can be used for Insert/Master/Total.) Note: double-size effects cannot be used as a Total effect.
- Effects Presets: Up to 32 per Effect, 700 provided in OS 1.10
- 3-band Track EQ (High, low, and sweepable mid band) Per Program in Program Mode, per Timbre in Combination mode (16 total), and per Track in Sequencer mode (16 total)
- 16-track MIDI sequencer with 480 ppq resolution
- 128 Songs, 20 Cue Lists, 210,000 notes (max)
- Tempo: 40.00 – 300.00 BPM (1/100 resolution)
- 16 preset/16 user Template Songs
- 522 preset patterns, 100 user patterns (per Song)
- Cue List function: 20 cue lists, Songs can be arranged consecutively or repeatedly in up to 99 steps, A cue list can be converted back into a song
- Standard MIDI File (SMF) format 0 and 1 available
- Auto Song Setup function (One Touch Record) for easily going from a Program or Combination into “record-ready” status
- Dual Polyphonic Arpeggiator
- Two arpeggiators, useable simultaneously (Combination, Sequencer modes)
- 5 preset arpeggio patterns; 216 user arpeggio patterns (200 preloaded)
- RPPR (Realtime Pattern Play/Recording) A set of 100 patterns are available per Song
- 671 preset patterns/1,000 user patterns
- Patterns created in Sequencer mode can be converted to drum track user patterns
- Trigger Mode (Immediate, Wait for Keyboard), Sync (On, Off) and Zone (Key and Velocity) settings can be specified.
- Program selection, 3-band EQ and effect bussing available
- L/MONO, R - 1/4" TS (Mono), unbalanced
- Headphones - 1/4" TRS (Stereo), Output Impedance: 33 Ohms, Maximum Level: 32+ 32 mW @33 Ohms
- USB type B connector (for MIDI interface, USB 2.0 supported)
- Computer with the KORG USB-MIDI Driver
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition/Professional Service Pack 2 or later (MIDI Driver for the 64-bit editions is a Beta version), all editions of Microsoft Windows Vista (MIDI Driver for the 64-bit editions is a Beta version), computer supports Windows XP/Vista with USB port (Intel USB Host Controller recommended).
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, Apple Macintosh with USB ports supports Mac OS X 10.3.9 (PowerPC/Intel-based supported).
- Please use the latest Korg USB/MIDI driver.
- M50 Editor/Plug-In Editor
- Windows Windows XP Home Edition / Professional Service Pack 2 or later, Intel Pentium III/1 GHz or faster, 512 Mbyte or larger memory (1 Gbyte or larger recommended.)
- Macintosh Mac OS X 10.4 or later, G4/800 MHz or faster (Intel-based Mac supported, G5 and/or Core Duo recommended), 512 Mbyte or larger memory (1 Gbyte or larger recommended)
- 55.47” (W) x 12.91” (D) x 5.94” (H)
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.