Korg PA588 88-Key Arranger Keyboard
Pro Piano Sound and Pa excitement!
For the no-compromise pianist who wants to add an extra dimension - or two - to their performance, they are proud to introduce the Pa588 arranger keyboard. Sonically identical to the Pa500, the Pa588 adds their 88-note top-of-the-line RH3 graded hammer piano action, an attractive stand, a half damping pedal, and a more robust speaker system, providing a complete instrument package. To complement this superb piano action, they've also equipped the Pa588 home keyboard with the incredible piano sound of their flagship C-720 Concert Digital Piano. A dedicated "Play Piano" button instantly transforms the Korg Pa588 into a world-class digital piano!
Keys to Please
In addition to a satisfying and authentic interactive keyboard, the Korg Pa588 provides a four-way joystick, assignable switch, assignable slider, and an assignable pedal jack. Four pads provide the tools to spice up your performance by changing effect settings, adding or muting parts, slowing the tempo, or even adding "mini-sequenced" solo, arpeggio, or backing riffs. Nothing stands between you and your professional performance!
A Professional Arranger with Real eXperience (RX) Technology
It all begins with sound. The Pa588 arranger keyboard allows unparalleled expression and articulation. For example, a single guitar sound may play a harmonic, a mute note, a soft note, a loud note, a pull-off - all determined by simply how hard you strike the key. They've even included the sound of the pick lifting off the string when you release the key. Overblown and triple-tongued flutes, brass slides and falls - all of the facets that provide an instrument with its own identity are preserved and easily replicated during performance by the natural gestures of varying dynamics as you play. With up to 16 oscillators available per note in a single sound, the breadth and range of realism is truly astounding. Based on the same EDS (Extended Definition Synthesis) that powers the popular M3, the Pa588 accompaniment keyboard offers a sound quality like no other. Over 882 fully editable sounds are preloaded, representing a full range of musical instruments from almost every genre - each exploding with depth, nuance, subtlety, accuracy and richness.
Cause and Effects
Four internal effect processors allow you to add any of 124 different effects to any and all of the Style instruments and/or the parts you play live (realtime tracks). Developed for their Digital Recording Studios and Pro-level workstation instruments, these effects are all studio-quality and offer full parameter editing. A final semi-parametric EQ allows even more custom control.
The Elements of Style
The heart of the Korg Pa588 is the powerful Style engine. A Style is basically a collection of drum grooves, bass lines, and other instrumental parts that can be mixed together, transposed, and used as the building blocks for creating your song. Each of the over 320 Styles is a self-contained song creation environment that includes variations, fill-ins, an introduction and an ending - all themed to a particular musical style and genre. You can chose which parts you want to use, set the mix, select which sound each part will use, edit and re-map drum kits, and assign various effects. Alternatively, you can use each Style as it is, using the settings created by their world-wide team of ace musicians. By constantly analyzing the notes you play on the keyboard for voice leading and chord content, the Pa Style engine is always in tune with your musical performance.
Creating convincing guitar parts from a keyboard has never been easy - until now! When creating a guitar part for your Style, you can chose a chord, capo position, and literally transform the keyboard into the fretted strings of the chord to allow realistic picking patterns, strums, chokes, slides, hammer-ons and other "guitar-specific" artifacts. The result is stunning! Best of all, the Pa588 arranger keyboard can automatically enhance the guitar tracks of existing Standard Midi Files.
Creative Sequencing Scenarios
In addition to traditional "track at a time" workstation sequencing, the Backing Sequencer allows you to create songs quickly and easily by capturing multiple Style driven parts at once. You don't need to be a master programmer - even beginners can write their own song in minutes. In fact, you don't even need to play at all! Using the Step Edit/Entry feature, you can simply type in the chord changes, fills and style changes in step-time - a big boost for arrangers and non-keyboardists. Once it's done, you can even try out your finished song as a Latin bossa or a country ballad, making it easy to find the right feel. This quick approach to programming is also useful in the studio for creating professional, great-sounding backing music for commercial, film, video, multimedia or internet applications. The sequencer provides massive editing power - you can even edit the tone parameters of each track.
With Korg's XDS Dual Songplayer, one song can load as the other plays, and a DJ-style cross fader can blend between them, providing a seamless, continuous musical performance. The Pa588 arranger keyboard can playback SMF (Standard Midi Files), Karaoke files, and GM (General MIDI) files - and is able to display lyrics in most popular karaoke formats.
All together now
Need to switch sounds fast STS (Single Touch Setting) buttons allow you to have up to four sounds split and layered across the keyboard and switch them all instantly with a single button press. Four STS assignments can be saved independently for each Style. Each of the 256 Performance settings can instantly recall the Style, Sounds, effects, tempo, key and scale used to perform a particular song.
A Professional Arranger Keyboard with Endless Possibilities
Time to add the finishing touches to your compositions? Each of the four Pads can also be assigned to a sound effect, instrument solo / arpeggio, or even one of your own riffs or phrases. Advanced features such as Syncro Start/Stop, Fade In/Out, Tap Tempo, Bass Inversion and Manual Bass allow you to spontaneously add complex and professional touches to your performances.
The exciting SongBook feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live or while working on that next big hit. The SongBook is a Musical Database, completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You have only to search for the song you would like to play by Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, or other music category and press "play". Each SongBook entry will instantly recall every setting you've saved in order to play that song perfectly - Sounds, Style, Performance, Volumes, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Easy Edit, STS settings, Master Transpose and more. This indispensable musical feature is unique to Korg. Download the free songbook editor for your computer.
Less is more
With all this technological power packed inside, it was vital that they also made the Pa588 easy to understand and easy to use. But they went even further, creating an instrument that provides an intuitive, musical, fast and foolproof experience. With their amazing TouchView display you can simply think, see and touch the panel for easy and intuitive control. Switch between Easy and Expert modes for a clean, uncluttered screen or an in depth status report. And when you need more information, check out the on-board contextual Help System - in any of seven languages!
Save it for later
In addition to providing a USB/MIDI computer connection for moving and saving data, the Pa500 arranger keyboard can also save and read data from SD / MMC memory cards for instant access to your custom data, MIDI files and songs. The back panel also features MIDI (In, Out), Audio Ins (1, 2) and Outs (L, R), and pedal (damper, assignable) connections.
Hiding inside is a full stereo sound system with four premium speakers in a bass reflex enclosure, providing the best sound in a small box. The Pa588 professional arranger is completely self-contained and easily transportable - whether rushing to a gig, jamming with friends, or teaching a new tune to the band. They couldn't fit any more fun in here if they tried.
- Keyboard: 88 keys; RH3 Graded Hammer Action with Velocity
- System: OPOS (Objective Portable Operating System) and RX (Real eXperience) Technology - Multitasking, Load while play feature - Upgradable Operative System - SSD Solid State Disk
- Tone Generator: EDS (Extended Definition Synthesis) 80 Voices, 80 Oscillators - Filters with Resonance -Three band EQ for each track
- Effects: 4 Stereo Digital Multi-Effect systems - 124 Effects types - Final semi-parametric three band EQ
- Sounds-Drum Kits: 880 Sounds, including a Stereo Piano and GM Level 2 compatible Sounds, 56 Drum Kits - User area: 128 Sounds, 64 Drum Kits - Realtime control: Assignable Slider, Switch - Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
- Styles: More than 320 preloaded Styles, SSD-resident, freely reconfigurable - Up to 448 available Style locations- 64 User Styles - Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style - Guitar Track, Parallel and Fixed NTT - Compatible with old "i-Series" and Pa series Style format - Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions - Style controls: 4 Variations, 3 Fills, 3 Intros, 3 Endings, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Fade In/Out, Bass Inversion, Manual Bass, Tempo Lock, Memory, Accompaniment/Real Time Track Balance Volume, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Single Touch
- Performance/STS: 256 Realtime Performance locations - STS: Memorize Realtime tracks settings, up to 4 x 512 Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries - All programmable
- Realtime Tracks: Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower) - 4 Pad tracks
- Song Play: Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer player - 2 Sequencers with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls - Balance control - Lyrics data can be displayed on-screen - Markers - Jukebox function - Compatible with SMF (formats 0 and 1)
- Sequencer: Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions - Full-featured sequencer - 16 tracks - Up to 200,000 events - SMF native format
- SongBook: Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes - User-definable custom lists - Filtering options
- Compatibility: "i-Series" models: Styles - Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad
- Multi Pad: 4 Assignable Pads + Stop Button. Pad Record function
- Help System: Hypertextual, Contextual, Multilingual
- General Controls: Play Piano button, Master Volume, Real Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose, Master Transpose, Style Change, Split, Quarter Tone Arabic Scale , User Scale memorized inside Performance/STS - Realtime controllers: Joystick (pitch + modulation), 1 Assignable Slider, 1 Assignable Switch, Dial, Up/+, Down/-
- Control Inputs: Damper Pedal, Assignable Pedal/Footswitch
- Analog Output: Unbalanced Jack Left/Mono, Right, Headphones
- Analog Input: 2 Unbalanced Line In Jacks
- MIDI: In, Out standard Midi connectors- USB to Midi using the USB Device port - Individual track assignment - 8 user definable MIDI Setups
- USB: 1 USB Device connection (1.1 Full Speed)
- Card Slot: SD (Secure Digital) Card and MultiMedia Card (MMC) Memory Devices
- Display: 320 x 240 pixels, Monochrome TouchView Graphic Touch Screen
- Amplification: 2 x 15 W - Fixed EQ
- Speakers: 4 Speakers (Two Bass and Two Tweeter) in Bass Reflex Box
- Power Supply: DC 12V external power supply (supplied)
- Consumption: 15 Watt
- Dimensions: (W x D x H) 56.6 x 17 x 6.3 Inches - without music rest
- Weight: 67.24 lbs