Korg SV1-73BK Stage Vintage Piano - 73 Keys
The SV-1 has been captivating audiences since 2009. Now, the acclaimed Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano has been given an elegant matte black stage finish: the SV-1BK Black.
The SV-1BK Stage Vintage Piano offers the most rewarding compendium of electro-mechanical, transistorized, tape-driven, analog, and early digital keyboards ever available in a single instrument. Crafted using Korg's RX (Real eXperience) Technology; each sound is a detailed and authentic re-creation, accurately capturing the full range of expression and dynamics of the original. But for Korg, even that is not enough. The SV-1BK also provides access to the effect pedals, amplifiers, speaker cabinets and studio techniques that gave these sounds their original shine. Together, they provide fingertip access to the sounds that defined generations of popular keyboard playing.
The 36 sounds in the SV-1BK span from electric pianos, acoustic pianos, organs, strings and synth. Each category of instrument starts with the essential classics and then moves beyond what other products offer, going into some rare and unique instruments that were the part of the soundtrack of their eras.
The user interface has been designed with performance in mind; every essential control is quickly accessible on the front panel, with no confusing menus or multiple button presses. Rotary knobs include illuminated LED's to show the position of the knob, and can be pressed to restore the original setting. For really quick changes, the SV-1BK has eight car-radio style buttons to instantly call up your eight Favorite sounds and settings. Storing a Favorite is equally as easy. Simply adjust the controls to your preferred settings, then press and hold one of the Favorites buttons; when the button flashes, press it again and the settings are now stored.
A pro keyboard would be incomplete without all the right connections. The SV-1BK is equipped with balanced XLR and 1/4" outputs; Left and Right audio inputs; MIDI In and MIDI out jacks, USB MIDI Port, and 3 pedal connections: Damper, Pedal 1, and Pedal 2. The Damper pedal is included, and responds to half-pedaling for authentic piano response. Pedal 1 is designed for a switch type of pedal, and can operate as a piano Sostenuto pedal, or as a Fast/Slow switch when the Rotary Speaker effect is on. Pedal 2 can accept either a sweep-type pedal - great for authentic Wah effects - or an additional switch pedal, providing the piano purist with access to all three piano pedal functions by adding the Una Corda (soft) function.
While setting out to create an incredibly friendly and easy-to-use instrument, they knew that there were more tech-savvy players out there that would love nothing more than to dig in a little deeper. The SV-1 Editor/Librarian software provides cool graphic-based programming, including access to certain parameters not available on the SV-1 Black's panel. In addition, the Editor/Librarian software allows each of the 36 sounds and the eight Favorites to be programmed and saved individually. This points the way to users sharing and swapping their favorite settings, and for Korg to supply more sounds in the future. The SV-1 Editor/Librarian runs on Mac or PC, and is included free with every SV-1 Black.
Stage. Vintage. Piano. The name pretty much says it all.
- Two phenomenal grand piano sounds - 1 European, 1 Japanese
- Korg's finest piano keyboard with Graded Hammer Action; 73 or 88 keys
- Intuitive "LIVE" front panel with single-function knobs
- 8 Easy-to-set car-radio style Favorites buttons
- 36 coveted and in-demand piano & vintage keyboard sounds:
- Grand Pianos: Smooth European; Lively Japanese; Mono Grand (for live); etc.
- Electric Pianos: Tine styles; Reed Types; Plucked Type; Clavs; etc.
- Electronic Pianos: Korg SG-1D; Transistor; '80s synth; VPM styles; etc.
- Organs: Tonewheels; USA Tube Console; Italian Combo; VOX
- Keyboards: String Machine, Tape Strings, Synth Brass; etc.
- Other: Piano + Layers; Real Strings; Real Choir, etc.
- Valve Reactor 12AX7 tube-driven amp modeling (6 Models)
- 6 Pre-FX; 6 Modulation FX; 6 Reverb Delays; 3-Band EQ
- Stereo inputs / Stereo outputs (all 1/4")
- XLR Stereo balanced stage/recording outputs
- Headphone output
- Includes damper pedal & music rack
- Options: assignable footswitch; assignable footpedal