Kurzweil PC3K8 88 Key Fully Weighted Keyboard
The PC3 introduced the world to a new generation of ground-breaking Kurzweil technology, having a synthesis architecture that remains unparalleled in depth and flexibility, combined with a staggering amount of effects processing power. The PC3 sound set, which encompasses everything from the traditional to the cutting edge, has been widely acknowledged as second to none.
And now the PC3's successor has arrived. The Kurzweil PC3K is the pinnacle of our PC3 line, bridging the gap between Kurzweil's past successes and present innovations.
Next generation, 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys, featuring a quick release spring, striking an ideal balance of playability between piano type parts and synth/organ parts. (Fatar TP40L)
240 x 64 angled, backlit CCFL w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
Dynamic VAST: Powerful synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 concept synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Desktop Editor: Mac and PC platforms (free download)
- Factory Presets: 1074 Stunning Factory Presets (download full "object list" here)
- Factory MIDI Setups: 150 factory programmed MIDI setups - featuring up to 16 independent zones, effects, independent controller assignments, triggerable pattern-based "Riffs" and arpeggiator settings.
- Sample Flash Memory: 128MB of re-loadable*, non-volatile, user flash ROM
- (loaded samples stay in memory even after power cycle).
- Loads from:
- PC3: all objects.
- PC3LE: all objects.
- K2 Series: the majority* of Setups, Programs and Keymaps. All RAM Samples are loaded. (see the V2 Addendum manual for details)
- AIFF and WAVE audio files.
- O/S V2 or later required.
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 16,000 locations for user objects.
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots: 1
- Sequencer: Unlimited tracks (on import); 960 PPQ resolution. Song editing functions include both event and track-based tools like quantize, swing, remap, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global "set song length" functions are also featured.
- Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 11 busses, two auxiliary sends and two Master Effects (saved with each song and setup); featuring over 500 of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
- Master FX Section: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance or putting the final touches on your studio mix. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 10 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be "captured" and stored as part of a program.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
- Riffs: 16 unique "Riff" generators, used for triggering MIDI sequenced phrases, beats, or complete multi-track arrangements from notes on the keyboard and/or any on-board physical controller.
- Analog Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4" headphone output.
- Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192-kHz modes.
- (externally clockable)
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB Computer Port: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3K to load/save data directly to and from a Mac/PC as well as perform OS updates.
- USB Storage Port: Supports USB thumb-drives for loading/saving user data as well as performing OS updates.
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via direct-USB or thumb-drive.
- Height: (4.33") (11.00 cm)
- Depth: (13.98") (35.50 cm)
- Length: (54.33") (138 cm)
- Weight: (54 lb.) (24.50 kg)
- Power: Internal AC power supply.
- Selectable 120/240V AC operation