MOTU 24-IO INTERFACE: Computer Audio I/O Expansion Unit
The MOTU Audio 24 I/O interface fulfills the promise of host-based hard disk recording: to record, edit, mix process, and master multitrack recording projects entirely inside the computer. It provides 24 high quality, 24-bit/96kHz analog inputs and outputs in a cost effective, single rack space package, allowing you to connect and record from 24 simultaneous analog sources. The 24I/O can be purchased as an expander for an existing PCI-424-based MOTU Audio System, or as a core system which includes the PCI-424 card and Audiodesk workstation software.
The 24 I/O's front panel is essentially a dedicated meter bridge for your hard disk recording system. Audio activity for every input and output is represented by its own five-segment LED bar graph. An interesting fact about MOTU Audio interfaces is that they are hot swappable. This means you can power off, plug-in, add and remove interfaces without turning your computer off or restarting. In fact, if you already have a 2408mk3 or other PCI-424 system, adding a 24 I/O is as easy as plugging in an AudioWire cable.
The 24 analog inputs and outputs are professional-grade TRS (balanced/unbalanced) connectors operating at either -10 dB or +4 dB. The input level can be switched via software in banks of eight inputs. In addition, CumixDSP provides continuously variable input trim with up to 12 dB boost per channel.
The 24 I/O audio interface provides industry standard word clock sync on a single BNC connector that can be programmed for input or output via software. When operating as a word clock input, the word connector allows the 24I/O to synchronize smoothly with today's digital audio studio. When operating as a word clock output, the word connector can be used as a master clock to drive other digital devices in your studio, such as a digital mixer. The 24 I/O uses the second generation AudioWire we introduced with the 2408mk3. It is a high-bandwidth digital audio format capable of carrying up to 24 channels of 96 kHz digital audio in and out of the computer at the same time. AudioWire can readily handle the 24 simultaneous inputs and outputs of the 24I/O audio interface. Like all MOTU hardware products, the 24 I/O comes with an internal power supply and standard detachable IEC power cable. No wall warts or line lumps.Features:
- 24 analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced
- Expandable - connect up to four 24I/O units to an optional PCI-424 audio card for a total of 96 inputs and outputs. Use as many simultaneous channels as host software and computer allow
- 100% compatible with all MOTU Audio Wire interfaces
- Mix and match MOTU audio interfaces (up to four at once) to meet your exact I/O needs
- ASIO drivers for Mac OS and Windows - provides multi-channel 24-bit I/O for all leading ASIO-compliant audio software on both computer platforms
- Multichannel WDM driver - provides simultaneous inputs/outputs for all Windows audio applications that support standard WDM and multi-channel Wave drivers
- 100% compatible with VST, MAS, Premiere, DirectX and all other host-based native plug-in formats supported by today's popular audio programs. Does not require proprietary plug-ins
- Word clock - resolves to time code or any other external time base via MOTU's Digital Timepiece synchronizer or any other standard digital audio synchronization device
- Resolves directly to SMPTE time code (LTC) with fast lock-up and sub-frame accuracy
- 1/4" TRS connectors
- 16, 20 and 24-bit recording at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz
- Word clock
- Optional cross-platform PCI-424 card
- Optional ADAT sync input with PCI-424 card
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.