MOTU 4PRE 6ch USB/FW Audio Interface with 4 Micpres
When two mic inputs just aren't enough
If you've been searching for an affordable, compact audio interface with four mic inputs, your search is over. The 4pre packs four mic inputs into an impressively small half-rack form factor, along with a healthy complement of additional professional-grade audio connections. Just think of the possibilities. You can record and mix vocals plus guitar for two musicians simultaneously. Or mic a drum kit with overheads and close-ups. Or record lead and background vocals in one take. With an interface this flexible, capable, and great-sounding, you'll be ready for any situation your music throws at you.
Designed to go with you anywhere
The 4pre is an impressively small 8.5 by 7 by 1.75 inches, which means that it slides easily into your backpack. It also sits nicely next to your laptop or desktop computer.
Connect guitars, a keyboard, or other inputs
The four inputs are not just for mics: they are combo jacks that also accept a quarter-inch plug. Inputs 1-2 take line-level signals, such as the output from a synth or keyboard. Inputs 3-4 are "hi-Z" DI inputs with proper impedance for plugging in your electric guitar directly, without an amp or cabinet, to process your guitar sound through amp and cab simulation plug-ins in your host software.
Hybrid technology connects to any computer
Thanks to MOTU's Hybrid interface technology, the 4pre connects to any Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed. USB 2.0. Connect your mic, guitar, keyboard, and digital input, and you are ready to make pro-quality recordings.
- Converters: 24-bit
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- Analog In: 4 x XLR/TRS combo, 2 x 1/4" TRS (balanced/unbalanced),2 x 1/4" hi-Z guitar
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4" balanced TRS main out,2 x 1/4" balanced TRS line out, 2 x 1/4" TRS headphone
- Digital Input: 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Digital Output: 1 x RCA coaxial S/PDIF
- Computer I/O: 1 x FireWire 400 (Type B), 1 x USB 2.0
- Sync In/Out: S/PDIF, SMPTE time code (LTC)
- Headphone Output: 2 x 1/4" TRS phone with independent volume control
- Phantom Power: Individual +48V
- Front panel: 2 x 10-segment ladder LEDs main outs 4 x 5-segment LEDs inputs
- 2 x signal present LEDs S/PDIF I/O
- 2 x signal present LEDs stereo line out
- 4 x LEDs 48V phantom power
- 4 x LEDs -20 dB pad
- 5 x LEDs mix/trim (main, line, S/PDIF, phone, trim)
- 1 x LED Vol/Pan
- Power Requirements: 9-18V DC, 5W, tip + or -
- FireWire bus power
- DC power adapter included, required for stand-alone and USB 2.0 operation
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.