Mackie HDA 12" 2-Way Arrayable Powered Loudspeaker
Mackie has earned a reputation for bringing high-end technology into designs that fit the needs and budgets of the working musician. The Mackie HDA High-Definition Arrayable Powered Loudspeaker System exemplifies this philosophy, delivering superior performance and unparalleled sonic quality in the most cost-effective constant curvature line array ever created. Powered by 1200W of peak system power, with a coverage pattern of 110° x 20°, the compact 12" 2-Way HDA loudspeakers are highly configurable. With acoustic and mechanical design by the award-winning engineering experts at EAW and patented HD audio processing, HDA offers proven line array performance and technology at a price point attainable by more users than ever before.
HDA is a scalable, arrayable solution to many possible applications. This makes it the perfect choice for installers, rental houses or portable PA users that want their system to grow as needed for larger venues. A full HDA array uses four HDAs and two HD1801s per side, rigged for maximum coverage and delivering excellent low frequency directivity. And since the system is scalable, you can easily dial down the array to meet the needs of the venue. Pros on the go can ground stack HDAs on the flybar or on top of an HD1801 for situations without truss, or even pole-mount a couple HDAs on an HD1801 for the ultimate high-output, portable rig.
As you can see, an HDA system delivers unmatched system versatility. But let’s take a look at an individual HDA unit to better understand how professional and powerful HDA really is.
Powerful Class-D Fast Recovery™ Amplification
HDAs are bi-amplified, delivering 1200W of peak system power: 500W RMS for LF, 100W RMS for HF. They use Class-D amplifiers, which are ultra-efficient and cool running, providing all the power needed to push the high-output drivers in a design that is lightweight. Mackie amplifiers incorporate our Fast Recovery™ circuitry, which helps to smooth nasty distortion when things get pushed too hard. Power runs are industry standard Neutrik® PowerCons with an AC pass-through, reducing clutter and confusion.
- 110° x 20° constant curvature line array
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery™ amplification: LF 500W RMS / 1000W peak, HF 100W RMS / 200W peak
- Custom designed transducers by EAW: 12” neodymium woofer with 3” voice coil, Dual Beyma® 1.7" compression drivers with heat-treated titanium diaphragms
- High-definition audio processing includes: Revolutionary patented acoustic correction, Transducer time alignment and phase correction Precision 2-way crossover
- Three-position voicing switch for simple array voicing
- Integrated limiting and protection circuitry
- Proven rigging hardware
- Four M10 flypoints
- Integrated flyware allows easy array setup
- Optional Flybar and HD1801 subwoofer flyware kit
- Ultra-compact and lightweight (59 lbs / 26.7 kg)
- Rugged all wood cabinet (15mm birch plywood)
- Supported by EAW Resolution prediction software