Mackie MR5-MK2 5" Powered 2 Way Reference Monitor
Look. We know that you know that we know there are tons of affordable studio reference monitors out there, each claiming to “raise the bar” on the other. The MRmk2 value proposition is simple. As a professional studio monitoring solution, MRmk2s are extremely balanced, outputting high-frequency clarity and midrange definition you can stake your reputation on. Furthermore, they out-power any competitively-priced monitor solution and deliver deeper, more accurate bass than anything in their class. Perfect for professional and home studios, as well as home theaters and multimedia applications, MRmk2 monitors deliver a rich sonic experience and the power, performance and clarity you need to create world-class mixes.
ALL-NEW PROFESSIONAL TRANSDUCERS
- High-resolution, powered studio reference monitor
- Ultra low-distortion 8 LF driver
- Long voice coil winding length allows high output with controlled low frequency performance
- Optimally sized inverted dust cap stiffens cone for smooth response
- Hyperbolic curved cone profile reduces severe cone resonances
- High-output 1 soft dome tweeter
- Neodymium magnet minimizes distortion and handles fast transients in dynamic source material
- Ferro-fluid cooling protects against power compression
- Acoustic absorption backing material provides smooth, reflection-free performance
- Precision Class A/B amplification with Active protection circuits: 100W for LF / 50W for HF
- Optimally sized custom waveguide provides seamless transition of HF and LF
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle imparts superior stereo imaging and depth
- Adjustable HF and LF acoustic controls offer sonic tailoring to your mixing space
- Flexible inputs include XLR, TRS and RCA connections
- Magnetic shielding allows safe placement near computers and video monitors
- Precisely tuned to work interchangeably with other MRmk2 monitors
MRmk2 Series studio monitors feature all-new professional transducers specifically designed to meet the demands of the modern project studio. The neodymium magnet-driven silk dome tweeter is both smooth and accurate, featuring ferro-fluid cooling to help protect against power compression during wide dynamic playback. Meanwhile, the hyperbolic curved cone woofer, inverted dust cap and long voice coil winding work in tandem to deliver smooth, consistent output with controlled low frequency performance. When paired with our precision-tuned amplifiers, MRmk2 monitors provide spot-on input-to-output tuning that you can take to the bank.
PRECISION POWER AMPLIFIERS
The dual precision Class A/B amplifiers have been re-voiced to specifically match their new driver components, ensuring that your sound is minimally impacted by distortion, artifacts or changes in frequency response often imparted by working at a variety of volume levels. MRmk2 Series monitors are a 2-way design that offers up to 150 watts of total system power. Delivering more power than anything in their class, MRmk2 studio monitors provide exceedingly smooth output, from ultra-low bass frequencies to precise midrange and sparkling highs.
CUSTOM WAVEGUIDE & BAFFLE
An optimally-sized custom waveguide is designed to maximize sonic clarity and dispersion, while also serving to minimize diffractions. This approach allows for seamless transition of HF and LF content along with a 3-dimensional sense of space. MRmk2 monitors also feature a molded baffle to impart superior imaging and depth. Your monitors need to be as accurate as they are great-sounding, and the MRmk2 design philosophy gives you exactly that.
TOP-NOTCH CABINET DESIGN
Much more than sleek-looking, MRmk2 cabinets also feature custom-tuned r