Midas DL32 32-Input 16-Output Digital Stage Box
with 32 Award-Winning MIDAS Microphone Preamplifiers
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live entertainment production workflow. The DL32 is the perfect solution for connecting the onstage talent with your Front of House (FOH) console, and the rest of the world - the I/O packed and highly affordable DL32 digital stage box.
The DL32 provides 32 MIDAS PRO Series remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 16 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end - and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable (up to 100 m/328'). While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the AES50 SuperMAC technology that made it all possible - Midas' superb scale of production makes the DL32 so very affordable.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since Midas' formation in the 1970s, Midas have had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary consoles, such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 have quickly become industry standards.
Midas have earned an impeccable reputation due to Midas' no-compromise approach to audio and build quality, and in particular for Midas' Award-winning Mic Preamps, which are considered by industry experts as the industry's best-sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
When used as part of a complete M32 system, two DL32 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 64 mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs and the ULTRANET port allows direct connection to TURBOSOND iQ Series loudspeakers and the BEHRINGER POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System - which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers. Midas also included 2 optical ADAT sockets and AES-3 (AES/EBU) for connecting to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC - plus MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
Standalone Snake Mode
The DL32 was initially designed with Midas' flagship M32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap into the DL32's powerful feature set. So even if the gig calls for an analog board, you can quickly assemble a couple of DL32 and XL48 to create a high-performance, lightweight 32 x 16 digital snake - with full remote preamp control.
KLARK TEKNIK AES50
KLARK TEKNIK SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the DL32 its high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity, as well as superbly simple deployment and ease of use. KLARK TEKNIK engineers worked hand-in-hand with MIDAS to ensure the DL32 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers. Some of the outstanding features are:
- 48 bidirectional audio channels over Cat 5e cable (48 kHz)
- Single cable duplex interconnection for audio and sample clocks
- Ethernet physical layer audio data transmission
- High channel count and ultra-low deterministic latency
- Accurate phase-aligned clock distribution.
- Comprehensive error detection and management
- Provision for redundant networking
- Minimal configuration - total ease of deployment and use
- Ethernet TCP/IP protocol-compatible auxiliary data channel
- Royalty-free implementations available as Xilinx FPGA cores
- OEM modules available from developer partners
As you can see, the DL32 is an extremely versatile 32 x 16 digital stage box solution with Midas' remote-controllable mic preamplifiers, KLARK TEKNIK's AES50 connectivity and a wealth of other professional-grade features - all at a price anyone can afford. Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road, the DL32 only takes up two rack spaces and connects to FOH with a single, inexpensive CAT5 cable.
Now you can have the missing link between the stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems - and Midas back it up with a comprehensive warranty program.
- 32 award-winning MIDAS PRO microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power
- 16 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs
- ULTRANET personal monitoring system connectivity for in-ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Remote operation up to 100 m via CAT5/5e cable
- MIDI In/Out for bidirectional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Features Neutrik etherCON AES50 and ULTRANET network ports
- Rugged 3U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in England