Novation Dicer Scratch Live Hardware Controller
Cue-point, looping and FX control for Digital DJs
This palm-sized cue point and looping controller has been designed to fit exactly where you need it: on your turntables, CDJs, mixer or laptop. Dicer always ships in pairs - one for each side.
Dicer works with almost any DJ software and it is optimised for use with:
A pair of Dicers gives you a total of 60 buttons:
- Serato Scratch Live
- Traktor Scratch Duo/Pro
- Traktor Pro
Dicer can trigger samples, cue-points, loops and FX. You can use Dicer to browse through playlists, nudge tracks backwards and forwards or it can be freely assigned to whatever functions you want. Coloured LEDs behind each button tell you what mode you are in.
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
Ready-made setup files for other DJ software
Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free here.
A fully class-compliant MIDI device
Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers.
Performance buttons with visual feedback
Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks
- Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch 'dice' buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops.
- Using the 45 adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
Default setup for Serato Scratch Live
- With Novation's reusable 'DJ putty', your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
Works with all major DJ software
- Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including 'Hot Cues', 'Auto Roll' and 'Loop Roll'.
Product Hardware Specifications
- Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- 5 large round multi-colour back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 small round multi-colour back-lit function buttons
- Micro USB socket
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting Dicers in pairs
- Kensington Security Slot
- Integration with Serato
- Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function
- Single unit (Dicer always comes as a pair): 90mm (3.5") length x 90mm (3.5") depth x 13mm (0.5") height
- Mac OSX 10.10, Mac OSX 10.9, Mac OSX 10.8, Mac OSX 10.7, Mac OSX 10.6, Mac OSX 10.5, 10.5.8 or later
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 7 - 64bit, Windows Vista, Windows Vista - 64 Bit, Windows XP, Windows XP - 64 Bit