Novation IMPULSE-49 USB/MIDI Controller-49 Keys
Impulse is a range of professional USB/MIDI controllers. They each have a precision keyboard and a full control surface powered by a brand new version of Novation's Automap control software - Automap 4 (which makes getting hands-on with your DAwith plug-ins fast and simple). Impulse also has 8 back-lit drum pads which can warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch Live clips.
Precision Keyboard: Ultra-responsive semi weighted keyboard with aftertouch
Impulse has a precision 'players' keyboard. It is semi-weighted with assignable aftertouch and has been designed to feel like an instrument rather than a computer peripheral. In addition to feeling good, it is incredibly accurate - this means it can translate musical expression (how you play the keyboard) extremely effectively. So your performance is reflected exactly by the synth or software instrument you are triggering.
Automap 4 control software: Spend more time making music, less time reading user guides
Automap is the groundbreaking software that makes Novation's controllers "Intelligent". Automap was developed in 2006 and was the very first software designed to help music-makers get hands on control of their music software. Automap is a software application that 'automatically' maps knobs and sliders on the keyboard to the functions within DAwith plug-in software such as Pro Tools, Logic, or Cubase. This helps you spend more time making music, and less time reading user guides and manually mapping controls.
Full DAW/plug-in control surface
The control surface allows you to get hands on control for your DAW and plug-ins. They have worked with all the major DAWs and plug-ins to make sure that you get instant control of your mixer, transport controls and plug-in instruments and effects.
Multi-function drum pads: Warp arpeggios, roll beats and launch clips in Ableton Live
Impulse has 8 great feeling drum pads which are velocity-sensitive with aftertouch. These are back-lit with 3-colour LEDs which means they can do things other drum pads can't, like warping arpeggios in real time, rolling beats and launching clips in Ableton Live (Ableton Live Lite 8 comes with Impulse).
Works with all major DAWs and plug-in instruments and effects
They have worked with major music software manufacturers to ensure Impulse gives you instant hands-on control. In addition to the major DAWs, Impulse & Automap 4 have been specially designed to give you full control of plug-in instruments and effects from companies like Native Instruments, Waves or FXpansion.
- Precision semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch
- Professional control surface gives you full control of your DAW including mixer, transport and plug-in instruments and effects
- Novation's Automap control software makes it fast and simple to assign knobs, faders and buttons to your music software
- Back-lit drum pads allow you to warp arpeggios and improvise with rhythm patterns - they also launch clips in Ableton
- Large LCD screen displays control information
- Hardware design is tough and rugged
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite, Novation's Bass Station synth and a Loopmasters sample pack
- USB powered, with expression and sustain pedal inputs as well as MIDI in and out ports for connecting external MIDI instruments