Peavey SP-2-BX 15-In Passive Full Range Speaker
Built to last. For more than three decades, the renowned Peavey SP Series have been the proving ground for many of Peavey's enduring innovations in sound reinforcement. SP Series enclosures are built to last in the U.S.A. with patented and exclusive technologies that make your sound clear and true, and efficient and strong.
Durable Peavey Black Widow series loudspeakers are the centerpiece, designed with Kevlar-impregnated cones and 4" edge-wound aluminum ribbon voice coils wound on Kapton formers for high efficiency and sensitivity. With die-cast aluminum alloy frames, a vented magnet structure that allows superior cooling at high drive levels, and heavy-duty, spring-loaded terminals with industry-standards color coding, Black Widow loudspeakers are everything you expect from a professional application loudspeaker.
Every enclosure in the SP Series features Peavey's field-replaceable speaker basket design, an exclusive feature that allows you to replace blown cones on the gig with ease. Speaker re-coning is expensive and can take weeks, but with Peavey speakers you can replace the entire cone just by removing three screws. And only Peavey speakers are made to the precise tolerances required for field replacement.
SP Series enclosures offer clarity and efficiency in the high frequency range through Peavey's specially designed 2" RX22 titanium diaphragm compression driver with ferrofluid cooling. This driver is coupled to Peavey's patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide to provide smooth, even response, low distortion and excellent HF dispersion. The horn has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, so it aims the sound directly at the audience members and mini-mizes ceiling reflections for clarity and gain before feedback.
The RX22 driver also features the patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System, which provides a smooth and extend-ed high frequency response by preventing cancellations and interference in the horn.
Engineered for optimal sound reproduction with proven reliability continuing a 30-year legacy, Peavey SP enclosures feature patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound; Black Widow loudspeakers with Kevlar-impregnated cones, 4" ribbon-wire voice coils and exclusive field-replaceable baskets; the patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System; and titanium compression drivers with ferrofluid cooling.
- 2-way full-range, bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- 54 Hz to 17 kHz
- Patented Asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
- Asymmetrical horn aim their coverate patterns 10 degrees upward and 30 degrees downward--directing sound to your audience, not over their heads.
- 1000 watts program, 2000 watts peak
- Sound Guard III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include a Neutrik Speakon 4 pin jack and two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp input via 4-pin switching Neutrik Speakon
- Trapezoidal enclosure
- HammerHead durable covering material
- 15 inch BWX Black Widow 4 inch voice coil woofer
- Stand-mount adapter
- RX22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System
- Weight Unpacked: 82.67 lb (37.5 kg)
- Weight Packed: 92.59 lb (42 kg)
- Width Packed: 26" (66.04 cm)
- Height Packed: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Depth Packed: 23.375" (59.3725 cm)
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.