The VB-2 is built around a tube power section that utilizes six EL34 tubes to deliver its stunning 225 watts of power. By adjusting the Clean Gain and Overdrive Gain controls on the footswitchable Clean and Crunch channels, respectively, players can dial in tones ranging from the snarling grit of rock and metal to the weighty thump of old-school dub and reggae to clean, punchy hi-fi?all while delivering the necessary ?cut" to maintain a strong bass presence in live performances. Backing up the amplifier's tube growl is a 3-band EQ that combines the best attributes of passive and active tone controls. This section includes high and low controls, as well as a mid control with a four-position midrange selector switch that allows players to set the mid-frequency shift at 200, 400, 600 or 800 Hz. Peavey's patented Resonance and Presence controls, which adjust the damping factor at the low and high ends, respectively, along with a three-way speaker impedance selector, enable players to match the VB-2 to virtually any bass speaker enclosure. A footswitchable mute/tuner circuit and front-panel effects loop give players additional flexibility.
- 225 watts into 2, 4 and 8 ohm loads
- Six EL34 power tubes
- Two 12AX7 and one 12AT7 preamp tube
- Ceramic tube sockets
- Classic-style, EI core, power and output transformers
- Power and standby switches
- 2 inputs for high and low output basses
- Mute switch for silent tuning
- Buffered, tuner send jack
- Pre-/post-EQ XLR direct output w/ level control and ground lift
- Foot-switchable Clean and Crunch channels
- Channel indicator LEDs
- Bright switch
- Patented, 3-band active EQ w/ mid shift points at 200, 400, 600 and 800Hz
- Front effects loop
- Post gain control
- Resonance and Presence controls
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.