Full Color LCD Screen with Improved Browsing and Track Information
The CDJ-900NXS has a large screen with the highest resolution of any CDJs, which displays a host of track information and features inherited from the CDJ-2000NXS.
1. Improved browsing - DJs can choose how they view tracks - list, artwork, or custom view - and scroll through using the large rotary dial.
2. Wave / Wave Zoom - In addition to Wave Display, Wave Zoom enables even more precision on loops and cues.
3. Beat Count - DJs can use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and the CDJ-900NXS counts down to them from up to 64 bars away.
4. Phase Meter - Shows the position of the beat in the bar, enabling DJs to compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance. This information can be displayed simultaneously on other Multi Player connected via "PRO DJ LINK"
Compatible with Music Management Software rekordbox
The CDJ-900NXS includes rekordbox, Pioneer's proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. Music files can be analyzed with "rekordbox™" installed on a computer, music can be managed (settings, create/edit, save logs) in a manner that is suitable for DJ performances, and the music to be used can be prepared in advance. By using the iOS version of "rekordbox™" (download from the App Store free of charge), preparation of music can be done anywhere with your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad devices. Android version of "rekordbox" (download from Google Play free of charge) for Android OS devices as well.
- Beats Per Minute (BPM) Data - BPM and tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox for preparing and performing a set
- Waveform Data - The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on screen for quick data visualization and for use with the needle search function
- Tag Info and Artwork - Edit and customize the file information to individual performance needs
- Cue Points, and Loops - Prepare and customize cues and loops
- Playlists - Create, edit, and manage customized playlists for various performances
- Beatgrid - Utilizing the new Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat
Users can then transfer the analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the new CDJ-900NXS. The software offers song information that can be viewed easily during performances on the player's large display for quick search and access of content by genre, title, BPM, and more. In addition, as analyzed tracks are played, the unit automatically creates and saves a play history for review of past performances.
Adapting to today's variety of media formats, the CDJ-900NXS enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices. A USB port located on top of the player enables users to switch out external storage devices quickly to minimize the need for connecting to laptop computers.
Smart Device Connectivity
The CDJ-900NXS is equipped for conventional and wireless connectivity. The player enable users to utilize iPhone, iPad and iPad touch devices or Android OS devices as the source for music content and can be connected via USB or Wi-Fi. When used, the touchscreen of the connected devices becomes the navigation tool for content. For additional convenience, the included Mac version of rekordbox enables the CDJ-900NXS to connect to a home network and retrieve music content wirelessly from a network connected computer.
- Beat Divide - A newly integrated function of the CDJ-900NXS, the Beat Divide enables a single beat of sound to be divided in 3/4, 1/3,1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 increments and played for a specified number of beats without breaking the rhythm of the music.
- Beat Sync - The feature let users instantly match tempo and beat location of songs when CDJ players are connected to a mixer using PRO DJ LINK.
- Quantize - Utilizing a Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or real-time cueing to reduce off-beat mistakes.
- Slip Mode - When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended, resulting in smoother transitions.
- Wolfson Processor - To achieve excellent sound quality, the player is equipped with the audio industry's highly respected Wolfson® DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal with a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
- DJ software MIDI/HID control - Each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effectors and software by way of HID and/or MIDI
- My Settings - The function settings of a player can be saved to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch or USB storage device. For additional convenience, the settings can also be made on the rekordbox App or software, giving users the ability to switch to their settings when connecting to a CDJ-900NXS or CDJ-2000NXS
- Traffic Light - Utilizing a multi-player PRO DJ LINK connection, a green light indicates that music will sound harmonious with the key of the music being played
- Active Loop - Automatically starts loops when playback begins from a specified point
- Beat Loop - Enables construction of precise 4-beat loops simply by pressing a button