Pioneer DDJ-SX2 4-Deck Serato DJ Controller
Following up on the wildly successful DDJ-SX, Pioneer has refined and improved upon the original design to give you the DDJ-SX2. Another game changer, this is the industry’s first controller to give DJ's dedicated control of the new Serato Flip functions within Serato DJ, meaning you can use the Serato Flip expansion pack to record and re-play up to six hot cue sequences on the fly with designated buttons – Record, Start, and Slot – for maximum efficiency. The four-channel DDJ-SX2 builds on the popularity of its predecessor, but inherits two must-have features from it's big brother, the DDJ-SZ: Performance Pads with velocity sensitive, multi-colored LEDs and on-jog digital cue point markers. The DDJ-SX2 also boasts improved jog wheel reaction time and allows for Serato DVS connectivity.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The first generation DDJ-SX was hailed for its simple and intuitive layout that put a multitude of Serato DJ features right at your fingertips, so the layout of the buttons, Performance Pads, sliders, and knobs have remained intact on the DDJ-SX2 to keep giving you the ease of use you know and love.
Multi-colored Performance Pads
First seen in the flagship DDJ-SZ performance controller, the DDJ-SX2 incorporates the multi-functional, eye-pleasing Performance Pads to control eight different parameters within Serato DJ. Aside from being more aesthetically pleasing, the illumination colors provide instant identication for the function of each pad, such as HOT CUE, SAMPLER, SLICER, AND ROLL. While in velocity SAMPLER mode, tap strength can be used to determine output level from the pad.
Amplified MIC Input:
The DDJ-SX2 features an imroved microphone (MIC) input circuit, allowing for crystal clear audio output, void of any distortion, regardless of the mic used. Thanks to the increased headroom and highly improved signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio, the controller delivers clear audio even at exceptionally high volume levels.
High Accuracy Jog Wheel:
Leave latency in the dust with the massively improved output reaction time of the JOG wheels, ensuring scratch performances are not hindered in any way. Within the JOG dispaly is also a "Hot Cue Countdown," allowing the user to visualize the remaining time in a given Hot Cue point and helping the user quickly arrive to a specified position in the music playing.
Use external sources such as turntables with the DDJ-SX2's independent 4-channel mixer, and use the master level meter for instantaneous sound level adjustment as well as independent output controls with a display indicator for each channel.
Use the DDJ-SX2 as a traditional controller or use the four external inputs for connection with turntables, CD players, microphones, and more without the need to connect to a computer. For another layer of control, use the best of both worlds and control Serato DJ with CDJ players or analog turntables via Serato DJ DVS functionality. Get your mix out into the world through external PA equipment with two Master and one Booth output.
- High Quality Audio – A low-jitter clock and high-performance digital-to-analog converter (DAC) provide accurate and clear audio playback
- Slip Mode – While activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a performance loop, scratch or hot cue and resumes audible playback when the loop, scratch, or hot cue operation is ended, creating smoother and more seamless transitions
- Aluminum Finish – The DDJ-SX2 sports an aluminum top panel and a brushed aluminum finish on the JOG wheels for optimal look and feel
- Multiple Connection Options – The DDJ-SX2 offers dual CD and phono/line inputs for external devices as well as two microphone inputs, two Master Outputs (XLR and RCA) and a Booth Out terminal
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface)
- Needle Search – Users can immediately jump to a specific part of a music track with a simple touch of the Needle Search pad
- Adjustable Cross-Fader Curve – Suits any type of mixing style
- Channel Fader Start – Enables use of the channel fader to control and play/cue tracks.
- Assignable Settings – Pioneer offers a TSI file for use with the Native Instruments TRAKTOR PRO2 software