Pioneer DJ PLX-1000 Pro Direct Drive DJ Turntable
With one of the most prolific turntables in the world disappearing from the marketplace years ago, a void was left for DJs and vinyl enthusiasts who demanded the unmatched quality. Fast forward through the years of longing and online price gouging for discontinued turntables and you eventually arrive at the emergence of the Pioneer PLX-1000, the only turntable worthy to pick up the reigns as the de facto performance turntable. With a familiar control layout, high-torque direct drive mechanism, and superb audio playback quality, the PLX-1000 is in a class of its own. Don't sweat the technique.
User-Friendly Control Layout
All DJs, new and old, will love the user friendly layout of the PLX-1000: start/stop button on the left side, quick tempo control capability on the right side, and a high-torque platter with a lighted speed guide as the centerpiece.
High-Torque Direct Drive System
Experience exceptional control and rotation stability thanks to the PLX-1000's direct drive mechanism, achieve a starting torque of at least 4.5kg/cm and able to reach its fixed rotation speed within 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3 rpm).
Sound Quality Design
You need a turntable that can withstand the rigors of use, and with the PLX-1000, that is exactly what you get. A heavy-mass zinc die-cast chassis on top, reinforced with 8-mm thick resin and 9-mm thick vibration dampening material all contribute to an incredibly stable piece of machinery for uninterrupted playback. The same attention to build quality and performance was paid to the tone arm, which uses rubber insulation to minimize any difficulties during playback. Even the RCA jacks feature gold-plated machine-cut parts for low impedance!
The player provides a range of tempo adjustments from ±8% and ±16% to ±50%, giving users a range of pitch speeds. A “RESET” button for tempo sits next to the tempo slider for instant ±0% fixed rotation speed.
Detachable Power And Audio Cables
The PLX-1000 is built with a detachable power and audio cable connection for increased convenience, especially at times when the unit is being moved around. Users are also able to interchange cables to further customize the sound quality.
- Detachable Power And Audio Cables Features
- User-friendly control layout
- High-torque direct drive system
- Designed for optimal sound quality
- Tempo control with variable width levels
- Detachable power and audio cables
- Turntable sheet
- Slip mat
- Dust cover
- Head shell
- Balance weight
- Sub weight
- Shell weight
- Adapter for EP record
- Power cord
- Audio cable
- Ground wire
- Operating instructions
- Power Requirements: AC 110-120V/220-240V, 50 Hz/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 9W
- Output: RCA x 1
- Main Unit Weight: 28.88 lbs.
- Maximum Dimensions: 17.83" (W) x 6.25" (H) x 13.89" (D)
Tone Arm Specifications:
- Drive Method: Quartz lock serve type direct drive
- Wow and Flutter: 0.1% or less WRMS (JIS WTD)
- Motor: 3-phase brushless DC motor
- S/N Ratio: 70dB (DIN-B)
- Braking System: Electronic brake
- Turntable: Aluminum die-casting diameter: 13.07”
- Rotation Speed: 33-1/3rpm, 45rpm
- Starting Torque: 4.5kg-cm or more
- Rotation Speed Adjustment Range: ±8%, ±16%, ±50%
- Start Time: 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3rpm)
- Arm Type: Universal type S-shape tone arm, gimbal-supported type bearing structure, static type balance
- Tracking Error: Within 3º
- Effective Length: 9.05"
- Arm Height Adjustment Range: 0.23"
- Overhang: 0.59"
- Stylus Pressure Variable Range: 0oz to 0.14oz (1 scale 0, 0.03oz)
- Proper Cartridge Weight: Single cartridge: 0.12oz to 0.45oz (When shell weight is used: 0.12oz to 0.22oz), When only balanced weight is used: 0.21oz to 0.35oz (When sub weight is used: 0.33 to 0.45oz)