Pioneer RM-07 6.5-Inch Pro Powered Studio Monitor
Pioneer DJ Launches the RM Series of Professional Studio Monitors with HD Coaxial Driver Units
Pioneer DJ is drawing on its rich heritage in speaker design to launch the RM Series coaxial active reference monitor speakers for the professional studio. The RM-05 and RM-07 speakers are packed with pro-audio technology to deliver a high SPL and a neutral sound with clear separation across the frequencies - making them the ideal companion for near-field studio monitoring of high-res sounds.
The RM Series' uses a coaxial driver unit from Pioneer pro-audio brand TAD[i] to ensure audio from the tweeter and woofer emanates from the same point for a more accurate sound. The aramid fibre woofers and front-loaded bass reflex system with grooved ducts ensure a clean bass, while the aluminium hard domed tweeter has been optimised to deliver rousing high frequencies of up to 50 kHz.
The rigid die-cast aluminium cabinets are designed to look and sound superb - featuring curved contours to eliminate resonance, and a proprietary acoustic tube to reduce standing waves and ensure the quality of the low to mid ranges. The speakers also boast a three-band EQ and multiple inputs, giving producers the ultimate flexibility and simplicity in any environment.
The RM-05 and RM-07 professional studio monitors will be available from June 2015.
HD-Coaxial driver unit for accurate point source monitoring
The RM series adopts its HD-coaxial driver unit from Pioneer sub-brand TAD, placing the woofer and the tweeter on the same axis to ensure a truer response across the frequencies. A newly developed waveguide minimises interference between the drivers, to produce a true, neutral sound with excellent isolation, perfect for near-field monitoring in a professional studio.
50 kHz tweeter for precise, electrifying high frequencies
The 1.5-inch hard dome aluminium tweeters were designed using unique Pioneer technology[ii] for added frequency response. The diaphragm's shape and materials are optimised to deliver precise, rousing high frequency sounds.
Rigid die-cast aluminium cabinet with curved contours for superb sound clarity
The RM Series housings are made from die-cast aluminium for maximum rigidity and reduced resonance at all volumes. The cabinet's curved surfaces optimise the rigidity and reduce external diffraction - while giving the speakers a sleek design that will look good in the studio.
AFAST acoustic tube reduces standing waves for a clear low-mid frequencies
Pioneer's patented AFAST technology drastically reduces standing waves that can produce a muffled response in the low to mid ranges. An acoustic tube in the cabinet absorbs just the standing waves, ensuring true reproduction of low to mid frequencies.
Front-loaded bass reflex system with grooves for a smooth, clear bass
The RM-05 and RM-07 feature aramid fibre woofers for a robust bass response. Plus the front-loaded bass reflex design and innovative grooves on the bass ducts reduce air friction, even when the speakers are positioned right against the wall.
Low/Mid/High EQ settings for added flexibility and control
A three-band EQ (Low/Mid/High) gives producers the option to tailor the monitor speakers' sound or audition tracks for certain scenarios, and has four pre-sets for each band.
- Custom-designed Class AB bi-amps ensure balance across the frequencies
- Exclusive toroidal transformer power source for excellent S/N ratio and no distortion
- Clip indicator to protect the unit from excessive input
- Wide range of inputs (XLR and RCA)
- Auto standby On/Off function
- Type: Bi-amp 2-way active speaker
- Enclosure: Bass reflex/Aluminium die-cast
- Tweeter: 1.5-inch hard dome aluminium HSDOM Tweeter
- Woofer: 6.5-inch aramid fibre woofer
- Frequency Response(-10dB): 45 Hz~50 kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 109 dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
- Cross Over Frequency: 1.6 kHz
- Amplifier output (rated output): Class A/B bi-amp 150W; LF:100 W/4 Ohm; HF:50 W/4 Ohm
- Input Terminals: Balanced input - XLR x 1; Unbalanced input - RCA x 1
- Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Input Sensitivity: -40 dB ~ +6 dB
- High EQ: -2/-1/0/+1 dB ( 10 kHz )
- Mid EQ: -4/-2/-1/0 dB ( 140 Hz )
- Low EQ: -4/-2/0/+2 dB ( 50 Hz )
- Power consumption: 195 W
- Power consumption during standby mode: 0.3 W or less
- External dimensions (W×H×D): 244 x 337 x 260 mm
- Weight: 12.3 kg
Included accessories: Power cord, Operating instructions, Rubber leg, Bottom cushion