Pioneer DJ XDJ-R1 Wireless DJ Player & Controller
The Pioneer XDJ-R1 complete DJ system is the all-in-one dream: the union of CD/USB decks, DJ software control, a top-flight mixer, powerful performance features and – in an industry first – intuitive remote control via iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
The perfect package for DJs who demand flexibility without the fuss, the self-contained XDJ-R1 enables instant switching between multiple sources: twin CD, USB and MIDI. DJs can analyse tracks in the included rekordbox DJ software and load via USB media to access a host of exciting features including Beat Sync and Quantized Beat FX. Or they can choose MIDI to control any DJ software, such as the included VirtualDJ LE.
The XDJ-R1's tactile controls deliver limitless possibilities for live performance: packing in two touch-sensitive jog wheels for precision scratching, a two-channel mixer, and dedicated buttons for loops, Hot Cues, samples and studio-quality sound colour effects.
Redefining versatility, the XDJ-R1 can be controlled wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch using Pioneer's remotebox app. DJs can connect to the XDJ-R1's own wireless LAN and use their touch screen to intuitively browse music, mix and mash up tracks – all from outside the booth. The app also introduces the XY pad: a two-dimensional way to assign and manipulate Beat FX and Colour FX using one intuitive control.
The XDJ-R1 crams Pioneer DJ's extensive capabilities into one portable, rekordbox ready, affordable unit. All DJs need add is creativity.
All-in-one rekordbox system packs everything DJs need into one deck
The XDJ-R1 is DJ-ready out of the box, so there's no need to add other equipment or fiddle with multiple cable connections. The unified deck packs in USB playback, two CD drawers, two touch-sensitive jog wheels, a two-channel mixer – plus effects and performance features taken from Pioneer DJ's industry-standard set-up. Mix from multiple sources including rekordbox USB, CDs and VirtualDJ LE.
The XDJ-R1's intuitive controls put the power of live edits for impressive performances at the DJ's fingertips:
- rekordbox Beat Sync: automatically syncs tracks to the master deck using rekordbox beat grid information
- Auto Beat Loop: automatically loops tracks at specified beat lengths
- Hot Cues: DJs can instantly access up to three Hot Cue points on each deck
- Sound Colour FX: NOISE, PITCH, CRUSH and FILTER FX are inherited from Pioneer's pro-DJ mixers,
- offering a HI and LO Pass sweep on each channel for even mightier manipulation
- Beat FX: dedicated buttons on each deck for TRANS, FLANGER, ECHO and ROLL beat effects with Tap Tempo
- Four-beat Sampler: access three pre-loaded samples
- Shift Mode: fast access to advanced features, including:
- Quantize: locks the beat timing of effects to rekordbox beat grids for perfect sounding performances
- Search: quickly scan through whole tracks with the jog wheel
- Edit: delete Hot Cues and samples
- INDUSTRY FIRST: Remote mixing and FX control with remotebox for iPhone/iPad
DJs can download the free remotebox app for iPhones, iPads and iPod touch (available from the App Store) to use their device as a remote control for all the XDJ-R1's amazing features. The XDJ-R1 creates a private wireless LAN for reliable connection to the DJ's iOS device.
The XDJ-R1 all-in-one system contains everything DJs need in one sleek box, including a handy iPhone/iPod touch stand to position the screen in line of sight at all times. Plus the DJC-SC3 sturdy carry bag (sold separately) is custom-designed for the XDJ-R1, with multiple pockets and a vertical structure to give DJs easy access even in confined booths.
Multiple input and output options for maximum flexibility
The XDJ-R1 is equipped with a MASTER OUT (XLR), BOOTH OUT, AUX and MIC, to enable connection to external hardware and professional PA systems. The central mixer can therefore be connected to turntables and CDJs and used as a stand-alone mixer.
High-quality audio circuitry for pristine and powerful sound
The XDJ-R1 inherits sound design from Pioneer's pro-DJ equipment, including a built-in 44.1 kHz/24-bit soundcard and a high-performance CPU.
Other features include:
- Independent three-band isolator with total kill
- Dual headphone output - mini jack for inner-ear headphones and standard jack for full-size headphones
- VU meters for each channel and the master output give a visual reference for signal levels