PreSonus STUDIOLIVE 16.4.2AI 16-Channel Digital Mixer
Digital mixing: the next generation
With a powerful user interface, unrivaled sound quality, amazing DSP performance, direct Wi-Fi and LAN communication, fast and intuitive workflow, onboard FireWire s800 interface, and tightly integrated software suite for Mac, Windows, and iOS, StudioLive AI-series digital mixers create a streamlined working environment for both live and studio use.
Redesigned from the ground up, these state-of-the-art mixers provide analog workflow with extensive dual signal processing on every channel and bus and actively integrated software that solves real-world problems and lets you record and distribute what you mix. Configurable networking and communications option cards ensure your investment won’t be outdated as new technologies emerge.
In short, StudioLive AI-series mixers deliver the very best in digital mixing and recording technology and make it all incredibly intuitive and easy to learn and use.
The future is Active Integration
- XLR mic and 1/4" line inputs
- High-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifiers
- Analog 1/4" inserts (rear panel)
- Trim control with –20 to +20 dBV line / -15 to +65 dBu mic gain range (80 dB!)
- 4 subgroup buses
- +48V phantom power switch for condenser microphones
- Digital Audio Input Select
- 100 mm precision faders
- Phase reverse, highpass filter, noise gate/expander, compressor, 4-band EQ, limiter—all with A/B and Quick Null
- 16 dedicated mix buses for easy configuration
- 6 aux buses
- 4 internal effects sends (two reverbs, two delay effects)
- Stereo Main bus
- 4 internal digital effects-processors (2 reverbs, 2 delays), each with 50 customizable presets
- Individual channel-strip setting storage
- Lockout mode to keep inspired amateurs from changing your settings
- Integrated software:
- Virtual StudioLive-AI bidirectional control/editor/librarian with Smaart Measurement Technology
- Studio One Artist Digital Audio Workstation software for Mac and Windows
- Capture multitrack recording software for Mac and Windows
- StudioLive Remote-AI mixer-control software for iPad available free from Apple App Store
- QMix-AI aux-control software for iPhone and iPod touch available free from Apple App Store
StudioLive AI-series mixers start with all the strengths that made the first generation of StudioLive mixers famous: powerful, surface-driven interface; loads of DSP processing and analog I/O; and layerless mixing, thanks to dedicated mix buses. Then they push the technology to the next level. So while the three StudioLive AI-series mixers — the StudioLive 32.4.2AI, 24.4.2AI, and 16.4.2AI —look and feel much like their non-AI counterparts, they have been reengineered from the ground up with far more capabilities and computing power.
The difference is Active Integration (AI), a complete, networked, tightly integrated hardware/software ecosystem in which every touch point in the system communicates to enhance the user experience and solve practical problems in ways not previously possible.
Actively integrated software.
PreSonus StudioLive AI-series mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of free, state-of-the-art software that helps you mix and record better and have more fun doing it. No other digital mixer anywhere near this price class comes close with respect to software integration and features. In fact, most digital mixers in much higher price classes don’t come close.
A gigantic console in a small package.
StudioLive AI mixers provide more DSP processing power than any other mixer in their class. There are no limitations or compromises, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at all times. No compromises or caveats: a compressor, limiter, expander/gate, and fully parametric EQ on every channel and bus; four effects processors, each with their own dedicated mix bus; a 31-band graphic EQ on every aux mix plus the mains; and 500 ms of delay available to each of the four subgroups.
Abundant analog connections.
Take a look at back panel of a StudioLive AI-series mixer, and you'll find the robust analog connections you'd expect from an expensive analog mixer: separate balanced mic and line inputs and insert points on every channel; dedicated balanced outputs for every aux bus, subgroup, and the mains; and a wealth of other dedicated inputs and outputs. Every input channel and bus send has its own dedicated jack—no sharing, no compromises.
Create customized systems—up to 64 Channels!
Only AI mixers let you create a large-format console on a small-format budget. Start with 16, 24, or 32 channels, then cascade a second StudioLive AI-series mixer of any frame size to create custom-sized mixing consoles with all the hardware and software advantages of StudioLive Active Integration systems. Now your system can grow with your needs and budget!
Networking done right.
StudioLive mixers make creating a wired or wireless network as easy as connecting an Ethernet cable or scrolling through a list of available networks. Networking for control can be done hardwired or wirelessly using the included Wi-Fi dongle.