PreSonus StudioLive 64AI Mix System
Best 64-channel digital mixer value on the market
You can price medium-format mixers until your search engine overheats and you’ll discover that only our Mix Systems give you one-to-one, hands-on 64 channel control for such a low price. No bank switching or layers. Plus more digital processing and effects than our competition, and the unique power of our StudioLive Software Suite.
Only with StudioLive
When PreSonus designed StudioLive mixers, our goal was to combine the ease of a surface-driven analog workflow with the power of digital mixing. At a price that anybody could afford. The StudioLive 16.4.2 and 24.4.2 revolutionized modern mixing by combining a powerful, continuously bi-directional audio interface, massive DSP horsepower, and the flexibility to mix your show and monitors from anywhere in the venue. StudioLive AI Mix Systems build on this legacy, taking full advantage of the StudioLive cascading feature, adding even more processing, and a level of software integration only found in high-end touring consoles.
The ease of analog meets the power of digital.
When you’re mixing a live event or have an artist in the studio, you need to work quickly. Unique to the StudioLive design is its familiar interface that keeps all critical controls visible and accessible —not buried in multiple layers, menus, or banks. Our design philosophy is simple: One fader for every channel, one output for every bus. This is the power of a surface driven workflow. But don’t let the analog feel fool you, StudioLive mixers provide total recall and a unique soft-takeover feature that makes each fader reactivate the moment its position is recalled.
The future is Active Integration™
StudioLive AI-series mixers start with all the strengths that made StudioLive mixers famous. Then we pushed the technology to the next level with Active Integration™ (AI). Each Active Integration component is designed to communicate with the entire networked system and provide a focused workflow for the task at hand. This allows you to use the device most suited for what you are doing, when you are doing it: Ring out monitors with your iPad while you’re standing in front of them; dial in your musicians’ monitor mixes from stage with an iPhone and then hand it off for them to control; view the frequency content of channels and buses while you EQ them; and that’s just the beginning…
The Hardware / Software Solution
Only PreSonus StudioLive AI-series mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software that helps you mix, record, produce, and distribute your recordings to the world. StudioLive AI-series mixers are the center of a cohesive universe of software that works together to help you achieve your creative vision.
A gigantic console in a small package
- Front-of-house is anywhere you want or need it to be with SL Remote-AI for iPad®.
- Tune your entire system with the Smaart® System Wizards in VSL-AI for OS X and Windows.
- Give your musicians the power to control their own monitor mixes with QMix-AI for iPhone® and iPod® Touch.
- Do a completely automated Virtual Soundcheck and record your show with just one click and up to 96 kHz with Capture for OS X and Windows.
- Load your Capture sessions and StudioLive AI mix scene into Studio One Artist and create a professional quality mix.
- Push your mix from Studio One Artist directly to your fans and monitor your sales using the integrated Nimbit dashboard.
Individually, StudioLive AI mixers provide more DSP processing power than any other mixer in their class. Cascaded into a Mix System, you have double the power! There are no limitations or compromises, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at ALL times. No compromises or caveats: a compressor, limiter, expander/gate, and fully parametric EQ on every Channel and Bus; four effects processors, each with their own dedicated mix bus; a 31-band graphic EQ on every aux mix plus the mains; and 500 ms of delay available to each of the four subgroups.
A Digital Console with Abundant Analog Connections
Take a look at back panel of a StudioLive AI-series mixer, and you’ll find the robust analog connections you’d expect from an expensive analog mixer: separate balanced mic and line inputs and insert points on every channel; dedicated balanced outputs for every aux bus, subgroup, and the mains as well as a wealth of other dedicated inputs and outputs. Every input channel and bus send has its own dedicated jack—no sharing, no compromises.
Inside, it's pure PreSonus
PreSonus has its roots deep in the studio world. Our founder, Jim Odom, set out to make quality studio equipment and that legacy carries on today with our boutique line of microphone preamps and studio monitors. We understand that a great mix is dependent on a great front end. Getting a great mix in the digital environment means that front end has to include great converters and a high-quality summing engine, like the one you’ll find in our award-winning DAW, Studio One. We use this same 64-bit summing engine in our StudioLive AI mixers. So when we say “StudioLive” we mean studio sound with live sound durability and performance.
- Total Inputs: 86
- Mic Inputs: 64 XMAX
- Phantom Power: Individual
- Line Inputs: 64 ¼” TRS
- Inserts: 64 ¼” TRS
- Direct Outputs: 64 DB25
- Digital Returns: 66
- Aux Inputs: 8 ¼” TRS
- Tape Inputs: 4 RCA
- Talkback In: 1 XLR
- Total Mix buses: 26
- Aux Mixes: 14
- Aux Bus Outputs: 14 ¼” TRS
- Subgroups: 8
- Subgroup Outputs: 8 ¼” TRS
- FX Buses: 8
- FX Processors: 8 (4 Reverb, 4 Delay)
- Monitor Outputs: 2 ¼” TRS, 1 Headphone
- Main Stereo Outputs: 2 ¼” TRS, 2 XLR
- Main Mono Output: 1 XLR
- Tape Output: 2 RCA
- S/PDIF Output: 1
- FireWire 800 Audio Interface: 80 x 66
- Sample Rate: 24-bit 44.1 or 48 kHz
- Networking: LAN or Wireless
- Total DSP Processors: 558
- Polarity: 64 (every channel)
- High Pass Filter: 86 (every channel and aux)
- Noise Gate/Expander: 96 (every channel and bus)
- Compressor: 96 (every channel and bus)
- 4-Band Fully Parametric EQ: 96 (every channel and bus)
- Limiter: 96 (every channel and bus)
- 31-Band GEQ: 16 (every aux bus and mains)
- 500 ms Alignment Delay: 8 (every subgroup)
- Software Package: StudioLive AI Software Suite
- iPad Control: SL Remote-AI
- Remote Monitor Mixing: QMix-AI
- Computer Control: VSL-AI
- Multitracking/Virtual Soundcheck: Capture
- DAW: Studio One Artist with Hybrid Fat Channel
- Digital Distribution: Nimbit