QSC AD-C1200 12-inch 2-way Ceiling Mount Speaker
The AD-C1200 is designed for music playback, public address and distributed audio in applications that require high output from a ceiling mounted loudspeaker. The AcousticDesign Series of installation loudspeakers has been designed for trouble free operation and versatility. Utilizing custom designed transducers and crossover networks, in combination with an acoustically optimized enclosure (AD-C1200BB), the AD-C1200 continues the AD Series philosophy to bring the same versatility and reliability to high-ceiling applications.
Each AD-C1200 includes the coaxial transducers, a transformer and a crossover network factory mounted on a steel baffle. The baffle is designed to mount to the QSC enclosure (AD-C1200BB*) or to any ~2.5 ft 3 enclosure using industry standard transducer mounting dimensions. A square grille (AD-C1200SG*) is available to finish the installation.
The 12" woofer is made with a treated paper cone on a steel frame. In the optimized enclosure the usable low frequency of the system extends to 37 Hz. The 1.75" compression driver fires through the center of the woofer and is acoustically mated to the woofer for a smooth transition at crossover. The system achieves 85 degree axisymmetric coverage.
High-current, low tolerance network components provide smooth full-range, passive performance. The included 70V/100V custom designed transformer is optimized for low line loss as well as accurate and transparent acoustic performance.
The AD-C1200 loudspeaker system measures 93 dB sensitivity (1W/1m) and at full continuous power is capable of producing 118dB SPL (1W/1m) output.
*Backbox enclosure (AD-C1200BB) and grille (AD-C1200SG) sold separately.
- 12" low-frequency woofer
- 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- 300 watt continuous power rating
- 70V/100V multi-tap transformer included (system can operate in distributed or low-impedance mode)
- Low-frequency Transducer: 12" (304 mm) ferrite woofer
- Hight-frequency Transducer: 1.75" (44 mm) neodymium compression driver
- Frequency Range:
- Frequency Response (-6 dB): 42 Hz - 18 kHz
- Useable Frequency Range (-10 dB): 37 Hz - 18 kHz
- Maximum Output:
- Calculated Peak Output: 124 dB SPL
- Calculated Continuous Output: 118 dB SPL
- Nominal Coverage: 85° horizontal and vertical
- Nominal Impedance: 16 ohms
- Power Rating:
- RMS Power Handling: 300W
- Recommended Max Amp Power: 600W
- Sensitivity: 93 dB SPL, 1W/1m
- Bass Loading: Ported
- Transformer Type: Custom low distortion laminated core, wide bandwidth design
- Transformer Taps: 100 V: 16 ohms bypass, 150 W, 75 W, 37.5 W
- 70 V: 16 ohms bypass, 150 W, 75 W, 37.5 W, 18.2 W
- Agency Rating: CE, UL 1480 (commercial/professional use)
- UL 2043 (air handling spaces)
- Enclosure Volume: AD-C1200BB: 88 L (3.1 ft 3)
- Connectors: Back box (AD-C1200BB): ceramic block connector inputs and "through" connectors (rated for 400 W max). Loudspeaker Baffle: Euro-style connectors.
- Mounting Hardware: Pre-installed, suspended, back box, four mounting tabs.
- Loudspeaker Baffle: six mounting screws.
- Weight - Net: 25 lb / 11.3 kg
- Complete Assembly: 78 lb / 35.3 kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D): Complete Assembly: 23" x 18" x 15.5" (584 mm x 454 mm x 393 mm)