QSC K12 Powered Speaker Produces "Club" Sound In Compact Enclosure!
Meet the new standard in powered speaker systems, the QSC K Series. This new standard in Class D power modules is breaking the traditional loudspeaker paradigm. Constructed from only the highest quality materials and cutting-edge design processes, the K Series delivers a powerhouse performance in both live sound and installation applications. Every model is fitted with the identical 1.75" tweeter and woofers of the same high caliber for unrivaled sound quality, regardless of speaker size.
The notion of using powered speakers for a permanent installation has been turned on its head, thanks to the K12. The auto-shutoff feature lets you rest easy in knowing that when the music shuts down, so does the power amp within the speaker. The integrated cooling fan ensures that you won't fall victim to equipment failure at the hands of extreme heat, even during the hottest of summer gigs. QSC's K-Series has managed to dummy-proof the PA system, engineering the crossover, limiter, and additional rack components into the speakers to provide you top-notch sound right out of the box.
Go beyond the rational limits of a compact speaker's sonic clarity and total output with QSC's unparalleled DSP processing. Includes a Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs that accept both Mic and Line Level input, as well as a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) for additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Mix up to three audio sources on each channel for additional output flexibility. On-board switches provide preset EQ curves: set your LF switch to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (fullrange models) for use with an external subwoofer. Use the front-mounted LED to indicate Limiting, or shut it on/off completely if you'd prefer.
Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity. Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Euroblock connector.
Foregoing traditional speaker plastics, the fullrange K-Series models are housed in rugged ABS enclosures, exuding an air of professionalism in any environment. The K Series offers ergonomic aluminum handles for easy transport and a rugged steel grille to ensure long-term use. Other features include a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. Simply turn the dial to engage a 7.5 degree downward tilt allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired. The K SERIES M10 KIT (sold separately) or Yoke bracket (sold separately) allows K-Series speakers to be flown for install applications.
- Lightweight portable powered speakers with legendary QSC amplifier power and reliability
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2x500 W)
- Extensive DSP enhances system performance
- Attractive and professional appearance
- Rugged ABS enclosures (K8, K10 and K12)
- Tour-grade 18 gauge steel grilles
- Ergonomic handles with comfortable, non-slip grip
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct™ (fullrange models)
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation (fullrange models)
- K10 and K12 perform as main PA or stage monitors
- DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
- Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line-array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping