THE POWERLIGHT 3 SERIES
The PowerLight® 3 Series
is designed for the most demanding live audio users, whether in touring rigs
or fixed installations. The most requested features of the PowerLight 2 series
have been upgraded to deliver "the ultimate analog amplifier", while
the QSC Dataport ensures full compatibility with advanced digital processing
and QSControl. Three models range in power from 1250 watts to 4000 watts per
channel at two ohms, all in two-rack space chassis that are only 15.6" (40
cm) deep and 22 lbs (10 kg).
In addition to higher power, the PowerLight 3 Series offers higher input voltage,
selectable sensitivity, and easily adjusted rear panel switches with color
coded LED indicators. For those users who simply want a high performance amplifier
to go with their existing processor or console, the PowerLight 3 Series is
an ideal choice, offering high power, excellent value, and zero signal latency.
When complete integration of amplifier control, monitoring and DSP is desired,
the PowerLight 3 Series is fully compatible with the QSControl BASIS networked
audio platform, with its comprehensive drag and drop DSP functionality. Simpler
DSP requirements can be met with the DSP-4 processing module.
For lower power applications, the PL325 and PL340 offer the same feature set,
matched to upgraded versions of QSC's most advanced linear amplifier platform.
Recent advances in power supply capacitors further improve power and low impedance
performance, while continuing to offer the best available audio performance.
As a result, designers have the choice of running a single type of amplifier
throughout their rig, or matching amplifier performance to specific transducer
In keeping with normal QSC design standards, back-to-front airflow provides
up to twice as much long-term average power as most competitors, without dumping
hot air into the rack. All PowerLight 3 models are built in the same chassis
size, with common back panel layouts to facilitate easy racking and hookup.
• Linear Class H output circuit doubles standard Class B efficiency to reduce
AC current consumption and cooling requirements
• PowerLight switchmode
power supply for highest efficiency and improved audio performance
• Flow-thru air path and solid aluminum heat sinks for maximum cooling
• DataPort supports remote computer control and/or external DSP-4 modules
• Detented gain controls with 1 dB steps for precise calibration
• Removable knobs with lock-out security plate to prevent unauthorized
• User defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filter per
channel (3 Hz, 30 Hz, or 50 Hz)
• Three selectable input gains (26 dB, 32 dB, or 1.2 V)
• Front and rear panel LEDs indicate status of switch settings at a glance
• Parallel Dataport, XLR/M and XLR/F connectors for simple loop-through
• Neutrik Speakon® and "Touch Proof" binding post outputs
• Neutrik Powercon® power cable remains secure on the road (early
PL380 units will have hardwired power cables until UL approval of 30A Powercon
• 3 year warranty, plus optional 3 year extended service contract