QSC PLD4.5 DSP Processing Amplifier (4ch 1150W @ 8 Ohms)
The QSC PLD Series represents a revolutionary advancement in amplifier technology and innovation. Designed specifically for the needs of portable and production sound system users, PLD provides efficient, robust and extraordinarily high fidelity power to drive multiple channels and configurations of loudspeakers while simultaneously deploying sophisticated digital processing – all with minimal operator complexity. The PLD4.5 is a powerful, lightweight, four-channel amplifier with onboard, advanced DSP and the capability to configure and combine channels in various ways to drive a wide range of loudspeaker systems. It not only make your system perform better today, but also provide a wide and flexible range of options for future system growth.
Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST)
The PLD4.5 features Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology (FAST) that actively distributes the total amplifier power in various combinations across one, two, three, or all four outputs. This flexibility allows it to drive (for example) four full-range loudspeakers or subwoofers; a high-power subwoofer and a bi-amplified speaker; a single high-power full-range loudspeaker and subwoofer combo; or multiple power-hungry subwoofers from a single, very high output mono-block.
Advanced Amplifier Technology
The PLD4.5 use QSC fourth generation class-D power amp design in combination with a custom power stage utilizing a new, purpose-built output device. These innovative MOSFET devices provide high voltage operation without needing a full bridge output and offer superior audio quality due to co-location of the semiconductors. Additionally PLD amps benefit from the famed and road-proven PowerLight power supply, further enhanced with Power Factor Correction (PFC) that aligns the current waveform with the AC mains voltage waveform. PFC enables PLD Series amps to draw current from the wall in a more efficient and controlled manner resulting in incredible power from a single standard AC breaker. Additionally, the PLD Series amps offer multi-stage sleep modes, saving energy when possible without ever sacrificing performance. The result is an exceptionally powerful and flexible platform that offers low weight and outstanding efficiency.
The PLD4.5 is more than just an amplifier; it is also a capable and sophisticated loudspeaker processor. The close integration of processing and amplification allows the DSP to monitor and better respond to amplifier behavior, making dynamics processing far more accurate and effective than that typically achieved with separate components. This synergistic approach employs both RMS and Peak Limiters that allow the combination of amplifier and loudspeaker to produce more output without being pushed to distortion or destruction.
In addition to the dynamics processing, the onboard DSP offers four channels of crossover filters, parametric EQ, and alignment delay - everything needed to optimize a loudspeaker system. PLD amplifiers also offer Intrinsic Correction, a combination of IIR and FIR Filtering and loudspeaker processing methodology first developed for our WideLine line array loudspeakers. Intrinsic Correction compensates for the non-linearities in loudspeaker array and horn design and results in notably superior performance from your QSC loudspeakers.
The on-board processing is managed and stored as presets, with 20 factory presets for the most common loudspeaker applications. For greater customization, the built-in Preset Wizard streamlines amplifier setup and provides loudspeaker selection from a list of top selling passive loudspeakers.
With four channels of amplification plus drive rack signal processing in just 2RU, the PLD4.5 replaces equipment taking up as much as three times the rack-space.
Simple to Use
With a dedicated front panel UI complete with LED meters and indicators, a 400x240 TFT color display, a rotary encoder and ergonomic navigation buttons, the PLD4.5 amp provides an intuitive interface for the user to control the system. The simplicity of the PLD amps is further illustrated by the fact that a complete system can be set up in mere minutes.
4 Ch. Continuous**
- Flexible Amplifier Summing Technology(FAST) drives most any loudspeaker system or configuration by distributing total amplifier power across one, two, three or all four channels.
- Four channels of full function onboard loudspeaker DSP with Crossover and Parametric EQ Filters, Limiting and Alignment Delay eliminate the need for outboard loudspeaker processors.
- Powerful Intrinsic Correction processing maximizes the sonic performance of QSC loudspeakers.
- 20 Factory Preset configurations that can be modified and stored in the 50 User Presets.
- PowerLight universal switchmode power supply with PFC for highest effiency, improved audio performance, and low weight.
- Four Input XLR connectors, and six NL-4 Output connectors.
- Integrated front panel with channel Select and Mute buttons, Input and Output LED Metering, 400x240 LCD, intuitive navigation buttons, LED power button and indicator, and cast aluminum handles.
- Preset Wizard simplifies amplifier configuration providing loudspeaker selection from a list of the top selling passive speakers.
2 Ch. Continuous**
- 8 ohms: 1150 Watts
- 4 ohms: 1250 Watts
- 2 ohms: 625 Watts
1 Ch. Continuous**
- 8 ohms: 2250 Watts
- 4 ohms: 2250 Watts
- 2 ohms: 2100 Watts
- 8 ohms: 4200 Watts
- 4 ohms: 4200 Watts
- 2 ohms: 4250 Watts
- 1 ohms: 3700 Watts
- Size (HWD): 3.5" x 19" x 16" (89mm x 482mm x 406mm)
- Weight: 22.0 lb (10.0 kg)
** - 1.0 kHz sine wave, 1% THD, 1 channel driven