QSC S8TBLK 2-way 8" Surface Mount Speaker (White)
QSC's AousticDesign S8T surface mount loudspeakers are professional, 70/100V, two-way, full-range systems ideal for a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications. Ease-of-installation is the driving principle behind QSC's next generation of small format, surface mount loudspeakers. Innovations found on AD-S loudspeakers enable designers and integrators to quickly and easily specify and install a system. AD-S loudspeakers are also a perfect solution to serve ancillary loudspeaker needs as part of a larger installed sound system.
Housed in rugged ABS enclosures for long-term durability, S8T loudspeakers employ DMT (Directivity Matched Transition), which matches the LF and HF coverage at the crossover point. This ensures even coverage across the listening plane for smooth, coherent audio reproduction. The 1.4in diaphragm, 1in exit compression driver on the S8T delivers crisp, detailed high-frequency reproduction and when combined with the matched woofers, provides full bandwidth reproduction. To further enhance performance, tunings using QSC Intrinsic Correction techniques are available for Q-Sys and future QSC amplifiers. Moreover, the low saturation transformers offer premium performance on 70/100V distributed audio lines.
Installers will appreciate flexible mounting options. Euroblock connectors allow pre-wiring of the system and the included X-Mount hardware enables the installer to mount the bracket and then simply lift the loudspeaker onto the mount and lock it into place. Moreover, the loudspeaker can attach to its mount on any plane to facilitate multiple deployment configurations.
AD-S loudspeakers can easily be mounted to any weight bearing, flat surface. Knurled surfaces on the mount's pivot points ensure that the loudspeaker deployment angle stays fixed and will not slip over time. No special tools are required to install or adjust the loudspeaker angle. S8T features M10 installation points for suspending the loudspeaker via eye-bolts as well as mounting points for an optional yoke bracket.
S8T loudspeakers meet IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance and feature sealed input panels and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance. Presenting a clean, unobtrusive look, AD-S grilles are unadorned eliminating the need to cover obtrusive logo treatments.
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- Patent pending X-Mount enables the loudspeaker to be easily installed and deployed at a variety of angles without slipping over time
- Optional yoke mount and M10 Kit-C eyebolt kit offers additional loudspeaker deployment options
- Euroblock connectors allows pre-wiring of the system
- Low saturation 70/100V transformers with 8 ohm bypass (S8T and S10T only)
- Lightweight ABS enclosures offer long-term durability and lasting good looks
- Sealed input panel cover and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance
- Meets IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance
- Complete EASE, CAD & BIM information available online
- Can also be used as a Cinema surround loudspeaker