Roland GR-55S - Guitar Synthesizer Without Pickup
A New Era of Sound, Power, & Performance
The Roland GR-55 is a revolution in guitar synthesis, with features never before available in any guitar processor. In terms of speed, it’s the fastest ever. It’s also the most accurate, thanks to newly developed pitch-detection technology. As for sound, the triple-core generator houses a world-class array of virtual guitars, basses, amps, and synth voices, enabling tones and textures that have never been heard before. Onstage or in the studio, you can instantly access the GR-55’s huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond, with quick-access category buttons. Welcome to a groundbreaking new era in guitar synthesis!
New Sound Possibilities
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM® guitar modeling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modeling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland’s latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modeling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an onboard looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK-3 Divided Pickup
The GR-55’s powerful triple-core engine comprises two PCM synthesizers (with over 900 tones powered by the latest Roland synthesis technology) and COSM guitar modeling, featuring a virtual treasure trove of guitar, bass, amp, and synth models. Together, these combined technologies allow you to create unique, revolutionary sounds. The “Metal Synth Lead” preset, for example, combines two types of thick, brilliant synth textures with an overdriven solid-body/humbucking tone for incredible punch and power.
Thanks to Roland’s decades of research and dedication to guitar synthesizers and powerful new pitch detection technology, the GR-55 is far and away the fastest guitar synth ever. Furthermore, the COSM guitar-modeling engine needs zero detection time, allowing the GR-55 to respond instantly and exactly as you play. The GR-55 detects pitch, velocity, and behavior for unprecedented response to your performance.
Get ready to rock…and fast! The GR-55 puts you instantly in touch with a huge library of amazing sounds, no editing required. The onboard lineup of ready-to-use presets (270, plus 297 user) takes the pain out of the process, with simple category buttons for finding the perfect sound fast. Choose from hundreds of great presets for pop, rock, and beyond, and kick-start your song or jam with unique, powerful sounds that will turn heads and raise fists.
Easy to Use
If you’re new to the world of technology, fear not. The GR-55 is powerful yet extremely friendly. For customizing sounds, the EZ Edit feature (made famous in the GT-10) and large LCD takes the guesswork out of the process. And for those who want to go deep, the GR-55 offers huge array of controllable parameters. Pros will appreciate the power of the GR-55 while beginners will love how quick and easy the unit is to operate.
The GR-55 conveniently bridges the guitarist to the desktop music production world with its two USB ports. The rear-panel port can be used one for MIDI/Audio data communication; the side-panel port is dedicated to real-time playback of audio files from a USB memory device (sold separately). The GR-55 provides foot control of USB audio playback so your hands never need to leave the guitar.
- PCM: 2 tones
- Modeling: 1 tone
- PCM: 910 types
- Modeling: 23 types (guitar mode)
- 17 types (bass mode)
- MFX (Multi-Effects): 20 types
- AMP (Preamp): 42 types
- MOD (Modulation): 14 types
- DELAY: 7 types
- REVERB: 5 types
- CHORUS: 4 types
- EQ: 1 type
- Guitar mode
- Preset: 270 + User: 297
- Bass mode
- Preset: 90 + User: 297
Nominal Output Level
- 24-bit (GK Pickup)
- 24-bit + AF method ** (Normal Pickup)
- OUTPUT jacks: -10 dBu
- GUITAR OUT jack: -10 dBu
USB Memory Audio Player
- OUTPUT jacks: 2 k ohms
- GUITAR OUT jack: 2 k ohms
- Graphic LCD 240 x 64 dots
- GK IN connector (13 pins DIN type)
- GUITAR OUT jack (1/4-inch phone type)
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks (1/4-inch phone type)
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT) (5-pin DIN type)
- USB COMPUTER connector (supports Hi-Speed USB, USB MIDI and USB Audio)
- USB MEMORY connector (supports Hi-Speed USB Flash Memory)
- DC IN jack
- DC 9 V
- Current Draw: 700 mA
Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor
- Owner's manual
- Divided pickup (GK-3) (only for GK included model)
- GK cable (5 m) (only for GK included model)
Size and Weight
- Divided pickup: GK-3 (for guitar), GK-3B (for bass guitar)
- GK cable: GKC-5 (5 m), GKC-10 (10 m)
- MIDI foot controller: FC-300
- Unit selector: US-20
- Width: 405 mm, 16 inches
- Depth: 244 mm, 9-5/8 inches
- Height: 78 mm, 3-1/8 inches
- Weight: 3.3 kg, 7 lbs. 5 oz.
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.