Roland JUPITER-50 Live Performance Synth
The JUPITER Legacy Continues with a Sleek New Performance Synth
With its unprecedented fusion of synthesis and acoustic instruments, the new-generation Roland JUPITER has changed the way we play, react to, and feel a keyboard. By combining the supreme expression of the JUPITER-80 with the travel friendliness of the JUNO series, the new JUPITER-50 brings SuperNATURAL sound and pro performance to every stage and studio.
The JUPITER-50 houses over 1500 SuperNATURAL synthesizer tones found in the flagship JUPITER-80, plus all of its SuperNATURAL acoustic sounds (with Behavior Modeling) and many of its Live Sets. In fact, you can conveniently import the JUPITER-80's Live Sets into the JUPITER-50 via USB flash memory. To achieve the same supreme sound quality as the JUPITER-80, the JUPITER-50 employs the identical analog audio components as its big brother, including the high-resolution D/A converter.
Essential Sounds Onboard
The JUPITER-50 is packed with over 1,500 SuperNATURAL synthesizer tones, plus over 70 SuperNATURAL acoustic instruments, each with its own dedicated sound engine. Choose, stack and edit any combination of four tones to create custom Live Sets.
Easy Sound Creation
- For live performers: There's a treasure trove of essential stage sounds packed into the JUPITER-50, anchored by Roland's famous SuperNATURAL piano and electric pianos. Authentic organs are included as well, derived from Roland's acclaimed VK organ sound engine, with a dedicated front-panel button that provides instant access to rotary effects.
- For synth lovers: Choose from over 1,500 SuperNATURAL synthesizer tones and stack four of them to create a powerful Live Set. Classic synth sounds include analog favorites such as the Roland SH and JUPITER brass, plus digital sounds from the D-50, JD-800, and Fantom. Combine them with the SuperNATURAL acoustic instruments to create your own expressive, modern sounds.
- For film composers: Expressive classical and ethnic instruments are at your immediate access for composition, from erhu, sitar, and flamenco guitar to timpani and oboe. Thanks to Behavior Modeling technology, the JUPITER-50 translates your keyboard performance into the unique musical nuances of each modeled instrument.
Complex sounds don't have to be complicated to program. The JUPITER-50 simplifies the sound-design process with its color-coded front panel, fast-access buttons and sliders, and Registration/Live Set architecture (128 Registrations, 2,560 Live Sets) logically categorized and instantly available.
Tipping the scales at just 11 kg (24 lbs. 5 oz.), the JUPITER-50 is one of the lightest professional instruments in its class, while still offering a top-quality 76-note weighted keyboard. With its powerhouse features, sounds, and travel-friendly design, the JUPITER-50 is a dream for gigging musicians on the go.
The JUPITER-50's built-in audio recorder/player lets you capture musical sketches and full performances instantly to USB memory. By pre-loading a USB stick with WAV, AIFF, and/or MP3 files, you can use them as live backing tracks onstage and control them from the JUPITER-50. You can even simultaneously record your performances on the keyboard along with audio file playback from USB.
The JUPITER-50 boasts an advanced effects engine that takes your sounds into another dimension. There are five types of pro-grade reverb algorithms onboard, plus dozens of other special effects (MFX). And we're only scratching the surface, as many other expressive performance tools are built into this powerful synth. You can select from five MFX structures that let you place up to four effects in parallel and/or serial paths; using these structures, you can take full advantage of the JUPITER-50's powerful collection of effects to create intense electro-synth sounds, intricate ambient synth textures, and beyond.
- Stunning SuperNATURAL sounds powered by Roland's most advanced sound engine
- Travel-friendly design; 76-note weighted keyboard
- Fast, friendly user interface with intuitive color-coded buttons and sliders
- Registration function for saving and selecting sounds instantly
- Pro-quality multi-effects and reverb
- Expressive performance controllers, including D BEAM, pitch/mod lever, and control input jacks
- USB Song Player/Recorder
- USB audio/MIDI functionality; bundled with SONAR LE and JUPITER-50 Control Surface plug-in for SONAR