Roland RD-700NX - 88 Weighted Key Digital Piano
SuperNATURAL Piano Sound and Sophistication
Roland marks a new RD-series milestone with the debut of the RD-700NX. This exquisite instrument raises the bar for onstage performance with its incredible sound, touch, and control. The flagship stage piano boasts an advanced SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, electric piano sounds based on SuperNATURAL technology, a deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement, a unique Sound Focus feature, and a newly improved user interface with a large, high-resolution LCD. Whether your performances focus strictly on piano or a world of sound via master MIDI control, the RD-700NX is a dream instrument for the stage.
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine (3 types, 9 Tone variations, 30 Live Sets), E.Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology (3 types, 12 Tone variations, 30 Live Sets)
- Hundreds of other sounds including 10 Virtual Tone Wheel Organs built in
- Storage for 100 Live Sets (combinations of layers, zones, effects, and various tone parameters)
- Deluxe PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement
- Innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard in the mix, even subtle pianissimo passages, without compressing or coloring the sound
- Extensive multi-effects processing options
- Instant access to standard piano and EP sounds via One Touch Piano buttons
- Master MIDI control features plus four MIDI ports (MIDI IN, MIDI OUT x 2, MIDI OUT/THRU)
- Balanced XLR outputs; USB ports for data storage and audio-play functionality
The RD-700NX’s acoustic piano sounds are derived from Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine. There are three acoustic piano types onboard (Concert, Studio, and Brilliant) and 30 variations to choose from. With SuperNATURAL Piano technology, three essential elements are dramatically improved: velocity response, note decay, and key-range behavior. Where previous technology created coarse “stair-step” gaps in velocity and key range, and unnatural looping in note decay, SuperNATURAL Piano bridges the gaps with perfectly smooth and natural three-dimensional sound and response.
For EP lovers, the RD-700NX contains a SuperNATURAL-based electric piano that meticulously models vintage electric pianos from the 1960s, ’70s, and ’80s. Beyond standard EP modeling, SuperNATURAL technology enables completely new types of EP sounds to be created. You can change the position of the virtual pickups, for example, or exchange components of the sound generating system entirely.
PHA III Keyboard
The RD-700NX’s PHA III Keyboard with Escapement offers maximum comfort, playability, and response. PHA III improves key repetition and perfectly conveys dynamic, velocity-based tonal changes. The escapement mechanism recreates the authentic “click feel” of a grand-piano keyboard, which particularly enhances expression when playing pianissimo. The keyboard also features Roland’s acclaimed Ivory Feel, a comfortable and realistic moisture-absorbent material that prevents slipping from perspiration during performance. The authentic coloration of grand-piano keys can also been seen on the sides of the white keys.
The innovative Sound Focus feature ensures that every note will be heard, even subtle pianissimo passages. Based on SuperNATURAL phase-correction technology, this essential feature ensures the RD-700NX won’t get lost in the mix, penetrating through walls of sound without compressing or coloring the tone. Players can relax and play naturally, achieving presence onstage without sacrificing dynamics and sound quality.
The popular One Touch Piano feature from previous RD-series pianos has been enhanced in the RD-700NX. It provides instant access to standard piano sounds and setups with the touch of a button. Three types of acoustic pianos and three types of electric pianos are now available for instant One Touch recall.
Sight & Sound
Along with the gorgeous grand pianos and EPs, hundreds of additional sounds are built into the RD-700NX: 242 tones, 10 Tone Wheel organs, 256 GM2 tones, 5 rhythm sets, and 9 GM2 rhythm sets in all. Sifting through the sound library is fast and convenient with the new, high-resolution LCD, which provides clearer visibility and a beautiful graphical user interface.
- Keyboard: 88 keys (PHA III Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement)
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 voices
- Parts: Live Set (4 layers) + 16 parts
- Sound Generator: SuperNATURAL Piano, SuperNATURAL (E.Piano), Virtual Tone Wheel Organ, PCM Sound Generator, GM2 (for SMF Playback)
- Preset: 300
- User: 100
- Multi-Effects: 2 x 4 systems, 84 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- 3-band Compressor
- 4-band Digital Equalizer
- SMF/Audio File Player
- Rhythm Patterns: 200 patterns
- LAYER LEVEL slider x 4 (Assignable)
- EQUALIZER knobs
- REVERB knob, CHORUS knob
- COMPRESSOR knob, SOUND FOCUS knob
- Pitch Bend/Modulation lever
- S1/S2 Buttons (Assignable)
- 240 x 128 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT Jacks (L, R): XLR type
- DAMPER Pedal Jack
- CONTROL Pedal Jack (FC1, FC2)
- MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT1, OUT2, THRU/OUT3)
- USB Connectors (MIDI, Memory)
- PHONES Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- AC Inlet
- Owner's Manual
- Damper Pedal (capable of continuous detection)
- Power Cord
Size and Weight
- Keyboard Stand: KS-G8
- Piano Pedal: RPU-3
- Damper Pedal: DP-10
- Pedal Switch: DP-2
- Expression Pedal: EV-5, EV-7
- USB CD Drive: CD-01A
- USB Memory
- * Please use USB memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Width: 56-7/8 inches
- Depth: 14-13/16 inches
- Height: 5-7/8 inches
- Weight: 55 lbs. 2 oz.
Return Policy – Click for details
Share the savings!
Tell your friends and family about the great savings on this and thousands of quality products.
Note: You and your friend's email addresses are only used once as a referral. We will not collect or store the email addresses.