Soundcraft GB4 40-Channel 7-Bus FOH & Monitor Mixing Console
Featuring the GB30 Mic preamps and EQ, the GB4 is designed by Graham Blyth for the company's 30th anniversary.
The desks carry the high quality hallmark with which Soundcraft is synonymous, with engineering and design as you'd expect from this high-end manufacturer. Careful attention has been given to the mechanical construction, to ensure reliability under strenuous conditions, with all input modules being constructed with individual vertically-mounted pcb's, fitted to the steel chassis front panel with individually-nutted potentiometers.
The GB Series also shares the stylish looks of the MH4, MH3 and LX7ii consoles, continuing a strong family look and feel across the range.
The GB4 is designed for installations such as churches and performance venues, or for small touring sound systems. The dual-mode topology implemented to such success on the MH3 and MH4 desks allows the GB4 to be used on FOH or monitor duties, with fader control of group or aux outputs.
The GB4 improves upon conventional layouts by adding unique mechanical features, such as a rugged steel chassis with a sloping rear connector panel that it is easier to configure from the front of the desk, and an integral power supply with a link option for an external back-up PSU.
Four mute groups allow several channels to be muted simultaneously, while another unique facility is the limiter on a set of dedicated record outputs that makes it easier to create a stereo recording of the mix.
The console also features an output matrix with seven feeds to four outputs, being fed from the group busses and main L, R and C (mono) outputs.
The GB4 offers a comprehensive set of functions and facilities in a small and cost-effective footprint, and delivers the high performance and reliability you would expect from a Soundcraft product.
- 40-channel frame size
- GB30 mic preamps
- Precision equalization circuitry
- Direct outputs on every channel
- Talkback facility
- 100mm faders
- Switchable 48V phantom powering on every channel
- 18dB/octave high-pass filter
- 4 mute groups
- 12-segment LED metering
- Record output with limiter
- 2 full-feature stereo channels
- 2 stereo returns
- 8 aux sends (4 are pre/post switchable)
- 4 sub groups (SWAP with Auxes 1-4)
- Type: Analog
- Channels: 44 (40 x Mono, 4 x Stereo)
- Inputs - Mic Preamps: 40 x XLR, 4 x XLR, 1/4" (Stereo Channels)
- Inputs - Line: 40 x 1/4", 4 x 1/4" (Stereo Channels)
- Outputs - Main: 2 x XLR (Main), 1 x XLR (Center)
- Outputs - Direct: 40 x 1/4" (CH 1-24)
- Outputs - Other: 2 x RCA (Rec/Alt), 2 x 1/4" (Rec/Alt), 4 x XLR (Group), 4 x 1/4" (MTX)
- Send/Return I/O: 8 x 1/4" (Aux), 4 x 1/4" (Return)
- Phantom Power: 40
- EQ Bands: 4-band, Sweepable Hi-Mid, Low-Mid (CH 1-24), 4-band (Stereo Channels)
- Aux Sends: 4 x Pre, 4 x Pre/Post
- Busses/Groups: 4 x Group
- Faders: 49 x 100mm
- Channel Inserts: Yes (CH 1-24), 4 x 1/4" (Group), 2 x 1/4 (Main), 1 x 1/4" (Center)
- Talkback: Yes
- Height: 6.26"
- Width: 59.96"
- Depth: 25.83"
- Weight: 81.6 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: RW5693SM