TC Electronic FINALIZER 96K Multi Fx Mastering
The latest progression in TC’s Multi-Award winning mastering technology - the Finalizer 96K - delivers unprecedented levels of clarity, warmth and punch to your mix. The Finalizer 96K's all new set of advanced features and enhancements, including 96kHz internal and external processing truly puts the world of professional mastering within reach of every studio - large or small. Inserted between the stereo output of your mixer or workstation and your master recording media, the Finalizer 96K dramatically enhances your material, creating that "radio ready" sound - previously unattainable outside a professional mastering house.
True 24 bit/ 96 khz Performance
New features have been added to the Finalizer 96K. It has been updated with new true 24bit resolution A/D and D/A converters. Sample Rate Converter translates AES/EBU, S/PDIF and Tos input to the Finalizer’s internal or external rate. The Finalizer 96K is now able to perform full Up- and Down Sampling, and the Sample Rate Conversion rate is e.g. 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz. The ADAT interface enables you to freely choose 2 ADAT channels and direct them to other channels on the ADAT. This enables you to bounce tracks while processing the sound with the Finalizer’s unique features. Finalize your mix and turn it into a masterpiece.
The Finalizer 96K gives you all the features you need to add the finishing touch to your mix. The Finalizer 96K’s multi-band processor will make your mix sound punchier and crispier. With the Finalizer 96K you can easily turn your demo tapes into finished recordings. You just decide what your recordings should sound like and the Finalizer 96K will make it happen. If you prefer using an external device and insist on using it, the Finalizer 96K gives you the ability to insert it, using the analog inputs or Digitally via AES/EBU, S/PDIF or Tos-link. The Finalizer 96K also gives you the choice of inserting internal effects, this if useful for you when you e.g. want to refine the overall EQ before compressing the signal.
The Finalizer 96K features a wide range of extremely useful analyzer functions: Phase Correlation Meter, Level Flow Meter, Peak Hold Meter and Digital I/O Status. Even a Calibration Tone Generator is included in the Finalizer 96K.
Making it Easy
The successful Wizard function is naturally a part of the Finalizer 96K and it will immediately calculate an optimal setting for your material. The more experienced user may tweak the signal path extensively with more than 90 parameters to choose from. All of the Finalizer’s functions are easily monitored on the graphic LCD and on the seven precision LED meters.
The use of dithering is very important when interfacing digitally between audio equipment. When resolution is changed from higher to lower, dithering is necessary to minimize distortion. In the Finalizer 96K you have the user friendly TPDF Dithering. The output resolution of the Finalizer 96K is 24bit, when the receiver of the Finalizer signal has a lower resolution, output Dither must be applied to equal the resolution of the receiver. You can Dither from 8-22bits. If your low level signals are in Stereo, Uncorrelated Dither is the best choice, if they are in Mono, Correlated Dither will be the most unobtrusive. If the low level signals are unfocused, Inverse Dither may be your best choice.
FULL UP- AND DOWN SAMPLING
The Finalizer 96K is now able to perform full Up- and Down Sampling. You can enter and exit at any Sample Rate e.g. 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz and make even asynchronous conversion possible. This is essential for you, when working in different Sample Rates. If you want to work with old or already finished material, you now have the ability to Up Sample to 96 kHz through the Finalizer 96K and re-master, if that's what you want. The Up- and Down sample option also makes you well prepared for the DVD or super-CD audio format coming up in the near future. Contact you local service center for further information about the upgrade kit for the Finalizer, so you also can make full Up- and Down Sampling!
The Recall page takes you step by step through a carefully selected list of 30 presets suitable for any type of source material. There are presets for Classical, Rock, Commercials, Jazz, Techno, Live etc.
When you want to create your own special preset, call up the Wizard. Just answer four basic questions about your source material and the type of processing you require and the Wizard will optimize your material fast and easy.
- Convert: 24bit/96kHz resolution A/D and D/A converters, Format conversion (AES/EBU, S/PDIF and Tos-link) ADAT interface (track bounce)
- Sample Rate Conversion: Enter and exit at any Sample Rate e.g. 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz and make even asynchronous conversion possible
- Shape: Five band 24bit Stereo Digital Equalizer
- Enhance: Choose between Dynamic EQ, Stereo Adjust, Digital Radiance Generator™ and Spectral Stereo Image
- Normalize: Real-time Gain Maximizer
- Expand: Variable Slope multiband Expander
- Squeeze: Multiband Compressor
- Trim: Variable Ceiling multiband Limiter
- Fade: Manual or Auto Fade Tool
- Dither: Maintain the highest resolution at the digital AES/EBU and S/PDIF outputs, Tos-link and ADAT
- Balance: L/R balance in 0.1dB steps
In short, all the tools you need are provided in the Finalizer 96K and makes it essential in your studio. When you use the Finalizer 96K you can easily enhance the Dynamics of your mix while you mix. Inserted between the Stereo output of your mixer or DAW and your DAT or CDR, it enhances the dynamics and ensures optimal Analog to Digital conversion.
Digital Inputs and Outputs
- Connectors: XLR (AES/EBU), RCA Phono (S/PDIF), Optical (Tos-link, ADAT)
- Formats: AES/EBU (24 bit), S/PDIF (20 bit), EIAJ CP-340, IEC 958, EIAJ Optical (Tos-link), ADAT Lite pipe
- Output Dither: HPF/TPDF dither 8-24 bit, mono, stereo, inverted
- Word Clock Input: RCA Phono, 75 ohm, 0.6 to 10 Vpp
- Sample Rates: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz
- Processing Delay: 0.2 ms @ 48 kHz, 0.1 ms @ 96 kHz
- Frequency Response DIO: DC to 23.9 kHz ± 0.01 dB @ 48 kHz
- DC to 47.9 kHz ± 0.01 dB @ 96 kHz
- Compressor THD+N: -130 dB (0.00003%) @ 10 dB Compression, 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Sample Rate Conversion Type: Asynchronous
- Dynamic Range: 130 dB
- THD+N: -106 dB 44.1 to 48 kHz @ 1 kHz, -2 dBFS
- Input Rate Range: 31 kHz to 49 kHz
- Connectors: XLR balanced (pin 2 hot)
- Impedance: 20 Kohm
- Max.Input Level: +22 dBu (balanced)
- Sensitivity: @ 12 dB headroom: -22 dBu to +10 dBu
- A to D Conversion: 24 bit (6.144 MHz delta sigma @ 48/96 kHz)
- A to D Delay: 0.8 ms @ 48 kHz, 0.4 ms @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic Range: >103 dB (unweighted, BW=22 kHz), >106 dB(A)
- THD: -95 dB (0,0018 %) @ 1 kHz, -6 dBFS (FS @ +16 dBu)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz: +0/-0.2 dB @ 48 kHz 10 Hz to 45 kHz: +0/-1 dB @ 96 kHz
- Crosstalk <-60 dB, 10 Hz to 20 kHz, typical -90 dB @ 1 kHz
- Connectors: XLR balanced (pin 2 hot)
- Impedance: 100 ohm (active transformer)
- Max. Output Level: +22 dBu (balanced)
- Full Scale Output Range: -10 dBu to +22 dBu
- D to A Conversion: 24 bit (6.144 MHz delta sigma @ 48/96 kHz)
- D to A Delay: 0.57 ms @ 48 kHz 0.28 ms @ 96 kHz>100
- Dynamic Range: 100 dB (unweighted, BW=22KHz), >104 dB(A)
- THD: -82 dB (0.008 %) @ 1 kHz -6 dBFS (FS @ +16 dBu)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz +0/-0.5 dB @ 48 kHz 10 Hz to 45 kHz +0/-3 dB @ 96 kHz
- Crosstalk <-60 dB, 10 Hz to 20 kHz
- typical –90 dB @ 1 kHz EMC
- Complies with: EN 55103-1, EN 55103-2, Class B of FCC rules/part 15, Class B of CISPR 22
- Certified to: IEC 65, EN 60065, UL 1419 and CSA E65
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- PCMCIA Interface
- Connector: PC Card, 68 pin type 1 cards
- Standards: PCMCIA 2.0, JEIDA 4.0
- Card Format: Supports up to 2 MB SRAM
- In/Out/Thru: 5 Pin DIN
- GPI, Pedal, Fader
- Finish: Anodized aluminum front, Plated and painted steel chassis
- LCD Dimensions
- 56 x 128 dot graphic LCD-display
- 19" x 1.75" x 8.2 (483 x 44 x 208)
- Weight 5.2 lb. (2.35 kg)
- Mains Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto-select)
- Power Consumption: <20 W
- Backup Battery Life: >10 years
- Warranty Parts and Labor: 1 year