Get ready to understand, use, and explore the world of digital audio sequencing with this introductory guide to Logic. Even if you have little to no knowledge of music theory or digital audio conventions, you will find yourself up and running in this complex DAW in no time. Screenshots and step-by-step instructions guide you through the various new features in Logic 7. Hands-on exercises help you take your skills to the next level. Logic 7 can be considered one of the most profound updates to Logic in years. This book is your perfect companion to getting started in this powerful and flexible program.Features:
- Provides clear and concise instruction on Logic Pro 7 and Logic Express 7.
- In a highly-visual format, the author uses hundreds of screenshots to lead beginners step-by-step through the fundamentals of making music with Logic.
- Discusses the functions, screens, tools and processes which are most important to beginners.
- Readers learn via a relaxed and engaging writing style free from jargon and techno-babble.
- Written by an experienced computer musician and professional audio writer who is also a moderator for the Logic User Group, an online community of over 15,000 Logic users.
Don Gunn has been an active recording and mixing engineer for more than 15 years on both coasts, as well as performing, writing, and programming for a wide variety of bands and songwriters. He is very active in the local Seattle professional recording community, as well as online recording communities. He has mastered a number of educational DVD releases, as well as co-authored Logic 7 Ignite for Course Technology.
Orren Merton, author of Guitar Rig 2 Power!, Logic Pro 7 Power!, GarageBand Ignite! and co-author of Logic 7 Ignite has been a computer musician since his days in U.C. Berkeley in 1988, and has been writing in the professional audio field for over five years. He has done technical writing for Emagic Soft- und Hardware GmbH, and writes for numerous American and British pro audio magazines. He has a master's degree in English from California State University, Long Beach. In between writing and consulting in the pro audio and computer music fields, he also helps moderate the Logic User Group, an online community of over 23,000 Logic users.