Turbosound Milan M15 1100-Watt Powered Loudspeaker with KLARK TEKNIK DSP Technology
The Milan M15 is a portable 15" two-way powered loudspeaker featuring two independent input channels, mic and line inputs, two band EQ, intelligent limiting, and a Mix Out function for connection to additional Milan loudspeakers for easy system expansion.
The Class-D amplifier is a true 2-channel unit with an integrated electronic crossover, allowing the HF and LF drivers to be powered separately without one being able to influence the sound of the other. Total output power is 1,100 watts peak, providing plenty of headroom to maintain good dynamic range so that transient signals are delivered effortlessly. The lightweight switch-mode power supply coupled with industry leading Klark Teknik digital signal processing, providing dynamic equalisation and sophisticated limiting functions to ensure optimum performance and long term reliability.
The two discrete input channels are each equipped with balanced, combination jack/XLR connectors and a level control, catering for a range of music sources from low impedance microphones, acoustic guitars and keyboards to mp3 players and mixing consoles, selectable via a mic/line slide switch.
Common to both channels are bass and treble controls with ±6dB of cut or boost to allow the loudspeaker to be equalised to the venue. In addition, a low cut filter is provided at 100Hz to shelve the low frequency response when used on the floor as a wedge monitor, or to ensure correct integration with subwoofers. A speech/music switch optimises the loudspeaker’s frequency response either for predominantly vocal material or for music programme. A Mix Out function sends the mix of both input channels post-EQ to additional Milan loudspeakers on a balanced male XLR for easy system expansion.
The trapezoidal enclosure is fabricated from high density polypropylene, and is extensively ribbed externally and internally to eliminate resonances and also to provide an attractive and durable cabinet finish. The symmetrical 43° side angles allow the loudspeaker to be conveniently used as a floor monitor. A recessed grab handle on the top is designed for easy lifting and carrying, while the dual angle pole mount socket allows the loudspeaker to be mounted on straight poles or speaker stands either vertically, or raised higher and angled down to optimise audience coverage. A total of six M10 rigging points are provided on the top and bottom of the cabinet to enable vertical or horizontal suspension in permanent installations using M10 shoulder eyebolts.
Mains power is connected via a non-locking IEC with integrated fuseholder. The illuminated front badge can operate in one of three possible modes: permanently on; permanently off; or to indicate the action of limiting.
The MILAN M15 loudspeaker can be wall mounted using the PB-55 universal wall bracket with the built in pole mount socket. It can also be suspended in permanent installations using shoulder eyebolts attached to the M10 rigging points provided on the top and bottom of the cabinet. The loudspeaker can be oriented either vertically or horizontally to suit the available venue space.
Dimensions(H x W x D):
- 2 way full range powered loudspeaker for portable PA and install applications
- 1,100 Watt power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology
- KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processing for total system control
- High excursion 15" low frequency driver with low mass voice coil for improved transient response
- 1" high temperature dome compression driver with extended high frequency reproduction
- Converging elliptical waveguide provides wide dispersion and excellent pattern control
- Speech/music switch featuring optimised equalisation for voice or music applications
- Switchable 100 Hz high pass fi lter for subwoofer integration
- Lightweight composite enclosure with black finish
- Rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille
- Dual angle pole mount for accurate audience coverage
- Multiple internal rigging points for installation applications
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in England
- 1 x 15" (381mm) LF driver, 1 x 1" (25mm) HF compression driver
Calculated Max SPL:
- 90°H x 60°V @ -6dB points
- Injection-moulded polypropylene enclosure. Recessed carrying handles. Integral dual-angle pole mount socket.
- Powder coated galvanised perforated steel mesh with foam backing
- Mic/Line input: combo jack/female XLR wired pin 2 hot
- Mix out: male XLR wired pin 2 hot
- IEC mains connector with integrated fuseholder
- Level, Line/Mic, Low Cut, Speech/Music, Bass and Treble, Front LED, Mains on/of
- Power LED (blue), SIG LED (green), LIMIT LED (red), CLIP LED (red)
- Type: Class-D
- Max Output Power: LF: 1000 W; HF: 100 W
- Input Sensitivity: Mic: -32 dBu; Line: -2 dBu
- Input Impedance: Mic: 560 Ohm unbalanced, 1 kO balanced
- Line: 20 kO unbalanced, 40 kOhm balanced
- Equalisation: Bass: ±6 dB @ 80 Hz; Treble: ±6 dB @ 12 kHz
- Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, thermal
- USA / CAN: 100–120 V~ (T 8.0 A H 250 V)
- UK / AUS / EUR: 220–240 V~ (T 4.0 A H 250 V)
- CH: 220–240 V~ (T 4.0 A H 250 V)
- JP: 100–120 V~ (T 8.0 A H 250 V)
Spares and Accessories:
- (6) M10 threaded internal rigging points
- LS-1534 15" (381mm) Replacement LF loudspeaker
- RC-1534 Recone kit
- CD-125 1" (25mm) HF compression driver
- RD-125 HF diaphragm
- MG-M15 Metal grille
- PB-55 Wall bracket, pole mount fixing
- EB-10 Shoulder eyebolt