LS801PB - Powered Subwoofer, 1500w, 1x18 inch - Black Ultrathane (Painted) Finish
First choice in active subwoofers, the LS801P combines a cast-frame, neodymium-based 18-inch bass driver with a rear-loaded bass horn enclosure made from 15mm birch ply covered in rugged black carpeting (black Ultrathane painted version - LS801PB is also available). Now add 1,500 continuous Watts of onboard power featuring full-time "invisible" limiting. Result - a rugged, high-powered "earth mover." Balanced XLR inputs are included along with 1/4-inch TRS inputs which, at the push of a button, can handle either line-level or speaker-level signals (you can simply connect it to any full-range speaker for quick and easy setups). Connections also include both XLRM and 1/4" Output Link jacks for interconnecting up to 10 LS801P's in larger concert systems. An additional XLR 'Mono Blend Input' allows the LS801P to function in a stereo system by blending the balanced L & R signals from a stereo mixer and creating a single in-phase mono signal.
The control panel features a +/- 12dB Level pot for matching the LS801P's output with the rest of the system, a tunable 90 to 150Hz HF Roll off pot to let you match the LS801P to any full-range enclosure without an electronic crossover, a unique Shape control that modifies the bass response, a Line/Speaker Input Level button and LED's to indicate Power, Limit and Clip.
Hardware includes four steel inset handles, a steel top-mounted pole-stand adapter, a heavy-gauge curved steel grill and tilt-back wheels.
- Integrated 1500 Watt Amplifier
- 18-inch Neodymium Speaker
- High Performance Mid-Sized Subwoofer Design
- 45Hz - 150Hz with Adjustable HF Roll-Off
- 45Hz - 90Hz Variable Boost Frequency
- Paralleled XLR and 1/4-inch Selectable Line or Speaker Level Inputs
- Excursion, Peak and Thermal Woofer Protection
- Integrated All Metal Speaker Pole Mount Adaptor
- Solid 5/8-inch (15mm) Birch Plywood Construction
élite Series Characteristics
- System Type: Rear Horn Loaded Subwoofer
- Active or Passive: Active
- Program Power (Watts): 1500
- Max SPL (dB): 134
- Frequency Response (Hz +/- 3db): 45 - 150
- LF Driver(s): Single 18 inch w/ 4 inch voicecoil
- LF Program Power(Watts): 1500
- LF Protection: Thermal / Overcurrent / Clip
- Power Consumption (typ/max): 792/960VA (8A@60hz, 4A@50hz)
- Inputs - 1/4" Jacks: 2 line/speaker level inputs, 2 link (in/out)
- Inputs - XLR: 2 line inputs, 2 link (in/out)
- Level Controls: Master
- Other Controls / Features: Active Controls: Level, Low Pass Filter Frequency, Bass Boost Level
- Corners: Metal
- Feet: Rubber
- Bar Handles: 2 (Side), 1 (Rear)
- Pole Mount Adapter (1 3/8"-3.5cm): 1 (Top)
- Enclosure Materials: 15mm (5/8inch) 11-ply Russian Birch
- Grille: Perforated Metal
- Covering / Finish: Black Ultrathane (Painted) Finishli>
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, inches): 23 x 27.5 x 32
- Dimensions (DWH xbackW, cm): 58.4 x 70 x 81.3
- Weight (lbs/kg): 137.3 / 62.3
Full function stereo analog processors that are configurable for passive or bi-amp operation, as well as live or recorded music applications make sure that your élite system is always tuned and ready.
Rugged Driver Mounting System
All élite cabinets feature a specially reinforced driver mounting system that makes sure the horn drivers will still be attached to the horns when you get to the show. The ABS or composite horns are pressure fitted to the driver which is bolted to the internal driver support.
Custom Design Horns
Custom ABS plastic and composite horns are specifically designed for each cabinet and manufactured right in our factory for optimum quality control. This insures proper waveguide output for better clarity and lower distortion.
E2152 Cutaway ImageRugged Black Carpet Covering
The stylish yet practical carpet that covers the élite cabinets keeps them looking great. The two part rubberized glue that is used to attach the carpet ensures that élite cabinets will stand up against moisture by effectively wrapping the cabinet in a rubber glove.
Curved Metal Speaker Grilles
Curved metal grilles absorb shocks evenly to resist dings and dents while eliminating frequency resonance. The trapezoidal cabinet shape allows for arrayable performance without phase cancellation.
All élite cabinets feature attractively recessed bar handles. Great care is taken to make sure that they "stay out of the way", but are easy to get at when you need them.
Flush Mounted Stand Adapters
Flush-mounted stand adapters in the top of the subs and bottom of the full-range speakers allow the use of the adjustable SW-TELETUBE option which makes setup a breeze by eliminating the need for speaker stands.
Tilt back wheels and top-mounted handles are standard issue on the larger cabinets such as the E215, E2152, LS1208 and LS1004.